thirty twö

i have midterms and an essay this week so uh ur all invited to my funeral <3

also like i was rereading a chapter and literally forgot to add something now im scared how many times have i done that help

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★

"You're not planning on saving this human, are you Tartaglia? That's not our job, so let me have a little fun." Scaramouche glared at him.

He got up from where he was beside you, and instead focused on the taller man in front of him.

"They aren't yours to play with."

With that, Childe lunged at the smaller man, causing him to jump back. You pushed yourself off the ground, only to be picked up bridal style by Childe.

He seemed angry, but did nothing. Neither did you. You peeked over his shoulder to see Scaramouche not far behind. Childe wouldn't let him catch up, though. You would be safe now.

★                             ★                             ★

Childe eventually outran Scaramouche who was too annoyed to continue after you. He had something to do, and gave up after awhile.

The two of you now sat in a cave. This was a normal one, thankfully. Childe started a small fire so you wouldn't get cold, but he sat on the other side rather than next to you. He was unusually quiet, which was confusing you. Was he not happy to see you?

"Childe." You called, softly.

He hummed in response, not even glancing in your direction.

"Will you talk to me? I came all the way here for you, you know. Idiot." You sighed.

"About what? There's nothing to talk about, you should be talking with your friends. I don't see what reason you came here for, but there's nothing you can do for me." He mumbled.

"You know why I'm here. What I want to know is why you're giving up? Don't you think I have a plan if I came all the way here for you?" You asked, looking at him.

He said nothing.

"Are you okay? What goes on in this place that caused you to be... Not you?" questioned.

Looking up at you, he sighed.

"Listen, I already said you can't help me. You'll only get yourself into more trouble with your friends. Just do as I said before, go back to them. Leave me here, I'm fine on my own." He responded, not much emotion.

You needed a plan. He seemed intent on you leaving alone, though you didn't know why. You'd come all the way for him to act this way.

"Childe, come on. I can help everyone else understand later. What matters now is that I'm here for you, so come back with me. We won't be in danger when we're finally out of here." You beamed.

When you figured out he wasn't going to respond, you got up and moved to sit right next to him. You wrapped an arm around him. Maybe making conversation would help.

"Heya, look what I brought. It's cute!" You mumbled, showing him the drawing he gave you.

He gave you a small smile.

"Anyways, who has your soul? Whether you come back or not, I'd still like to know. It's... Interesting?"

A small plan had worked its way info your head.

"That guy chasing us, Scaramouche. He kinda sucks." He replied, stretching his arms.

"Ah, that one. He's tiny. I would squash him if he wasn't dead." You joked.