thirty

i took a kin assignment quiz, guess who i got 😳

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★

"Come, this way." Xiao spoke, leading you to a back room which then led into a basement.

You'd arrived on time, right as the shop closed. Xiao smiled upon seeing the food in hand, setting the beach behind the counter to feast on later.

With each step you took forward, flowing him, a feeling of dread continued to worsen. It was the most nervous you'd ever felt, but it wasn't going to stop you.

Once in the basement, Xiao closed the door and sprinkled salt down in front of it. You walked farther in, being greeted by a familiar face.

"Oh, hey Zhongli! You're the friend who's helping us?" You asked.

He looked up, surprised to see you, get gave you a friendly smile.

"(Y/n), nice to see you. I will be assisting the two of you, yes." He replied, pretty calm for the current situation.

Xiao walked over quietly, listening to the small conversation between you and Zhongli as he prepared what he needed.

On a table towards the other side of the room,  there were a few items. A small vial with a red liquid inside, a dagger, salt, small stones, an old, worn out book and a few other things.

Zhongli led you to a small area in the middle of the room which was a salt circle. He told you to sit in the middle of it until Xiao was prepared, and continued to talk to you to make sure you weren't nervous.

He told you about Liyue, the place where he grew up, along with wildlife and flora found in the area. You assumed Xiao told him the entire story, and that he'd pieced the rest together himself seeing as he hadn't asked about Childe, or the demon you were trying to bring back.

Xiao dragged the table closer to where you sat, and began cleaning the dagger he had.

"What's that going to be used for?" You nervously asked.

"We're going to be killing you and then bringing you back to life." He responded, turning to look at you.

You were speechless, wide-eyed, and not speaking. While trying to respond, it just came out as 'eH?'.  Xiao smiled to himself, a small one. He was quite amused by your reaction.

"I am joking. You'll see what this is for once the time comes." He calmly spoke, placing it down.

Zhongli gave him a knowing look, before turning back to you.

"Alright, it's about time we begin. To begin, you'll need that item. Do you have it?" He questioned, serious look on his face.

You pulled out the drawing, showing him.

"Good, good. You're going to need to hold onto it. It is necessary to find your friend. I'm going to put you to sleep, and once you awaken you'll be in the place he resides. Your body will still be here, however, if you somehow die there, the same happens here." He explained.

"... What happens if I die?"

"We have connections." Xiao cut in.

Oh. Nice.

"Now, by your story, it seems that your friend is reluctant on coming back. It will be your job to convince him. Once you've done so, call Xiao's name. He will be able to pull you from your sleep." Zhongli finished.

"When you're there, trust no one. Some will try to trick you whether it's for their own desires, or just for fun. Either way, it would probably end up in you dying. Understand?" Xiao asked.