thirty five

this is about twooo months later??

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★

"You're the one leaving us now, huh?" Lumine laughed, pulling away from the hug.

"Let me do my best impression here- ahEm- iT's OnLy A wEeK!" You mimicked her from all the previous travels she left on.

She snorted, snacking your arm. Childe and Aether laughed quite loudly, and Xiao chuckled a little.

"Yeah but you're going for a month! We missed each other for a week each trip, but an entire month? How will Aether and I survivE?!" She groaned.

"Yeah, (Y/n), we better hang out when you're back! The café is calling our names!" Aether laughed.

The three of you joked around for a little longer, sitting around a table. Eventually, Lumine and Aether left to go pick up Paimons medicine. She had food poisoning, and so she was unable to see you off.

"Just us three, huh?" You chuckled.

Childe had a huge grin on his face that had yet to leave, and still wouldn't.

"You're lucky I won't fire you. A whole month off. You've only been working for what, two months?" Xiao joked.

"You know you love me, you couldn't fire me if you really wanted to!" You laughed.

He rolled his eyes, a small smile on his face.

"Yeah yeah." Was all he said in reply.

"Any guests flying with flight 205 to Snezhnaya today, please prepare for boarding." A woman's voice boomed on the speakers throughout the airport.

"Ahh that's us!" You and Childe both shouted.

The three of you stood, ready to say a last farewell until you would return.

Childe began packing his charger and snacks away into his bag, letting you say goodbye to Xiao.

"I'll see you soon! I'm gonna miss our after work café visits!" You sighed.

"I will too, but we can go when you're back. Be careful, and have fun." He replied.

"Can I get a hug at least?!" You laughed.

He rolled his eyes and smiled again, though it was hard to see. You gave him a hug, chuckling. Once the both of you let go, he flicked your forehead.

"Xiao, you're so mean!"

"Sure. See you when you're back, (Y/n)." He said quietly, turning to leave.

"See ya!" You shouted back.

You turned to Childe, who was still smiling at you. He grabbed your hand as the both of you walked to where everyone would board the flight.

★                             ★                             ★

The pilot was thanking everyone for riding, and telling you all that the plane would soon land. You were really excited to get to meet his siblings, and he was happy that he'd finally see them again.

You could feel the plane moving in another direction, finally it was time to land.

"That was quick! I can't wait until we get to your place!" You squealed.

He ruffled your hair, laughing.

"I know, I can't either. It's been so long~, and I know they're going to love you! Tonia always nags me for leaving and never trying to find a partner, so I know she's going to be so happy to meet someone like you!" He gushed.