twentay four

im so sad bc i feel like im not going to get childe even though im gonna farm and skip venti banner just for him🤤🤤

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★

Today was a lonely day. You knew it would be from the moment your eyes slowly opened. No arm around our waist, not even a back turned to you. Nothing and no one but yourself.

You took a moment to register your surroundings now and memories from the night before. Truly a disaster.

Groaning and stretching your arms, you sat up and yawned. You didn't bother checking your phone. There was no need right now.

"Chiiilde?" You called, quietly.

No response. You waited for him to make his usual wild entrance. There was none.

You slowly got up, wobbling a bit at first. You were still quite tired, but you wanted Childe more than sleep.

"Where aaaare youuu?" You asked a little louder.

You checked around different rooms multiple times. No sign of your favorite demon friend.

"Where could you have possibly gone?" You sighed, walking to the couch to lay down.

Your mind began to dwell on the day before again, wondering if anything could have gone different. What could you have done? Does everyone hate you? Lumine even...

No matter how sensitive or strong you were, you couldn't stop yourself from letting a tear or two slip.

"Where are you?" You asked aloud.

You knew there would be no response. It was once again silent in your home.

The only sound heard within the next few minutes was your own snoring, nothing more.

★                             ★                             ★

Your eyes slowly open for the second time today, squinting at the brightness of your living room. You rubbed your eyes before slowly pushing yourself up into a sitting position.

Looking aroind for Childe once again, you notice a letter on the table in front of you instead.

You reached over and picked it up. On the front was written-

'To my lovely (Y/n)'

You smiled, a sad one. Opening the envelope, a cute doodle of you and Childe that was on a small sticky not fell out. You picked it up, a huge grin plastered on your face.

You then set it on the table before moving onto the letter. Nervously clutching it, you read.

'Hey, sweetheart, don't cry :)
I miss you too, you know. I need to tell you I'm sorry. My own secret caused a disturbance last night, and you need to know it isn't your own fault. It's mine, and that's why you've received this.

I'm leaving. It's hard, for both of us I hope, but I have to. You should talk yo your friends and work things out. Sadly, that wouldn't go so well with me being here. So I can't stay. I hope you understand.

Maybe one day we'll meet again, though I doubt it. If it happens, I have something to tell you. But until then, this is all.

With love
-Childe'

You set the letter down, tears once again ready to overflow. You held the doodle close to you, sitting back and quietly crying. The opposite of what he wanted.

It couldn't be helped.

"I hope you can hear me you idiot! There's always another way!" You called out to no one.

★                             ★                             ★

You'd finally calmed down, still sniffling a little. You wiped your nose with a tissue, before getting up,  drawing in hand.

Bed was the only place you wanted to be for the time being, until you figured something out. You gently placed the drawing on your nightstand before grabbing phone and burying yourself in a blanket.

The warmth provided some comfort, if any.

You looked on your phone, notifications from a few people. Kaeya, Lumine, Aether, Lisa.

You read all of them.

Kaeya
I hope you make the right decision.

Lisa
I apologize for my harshness, but you need to understand your situation better.

Lumine
Lisa wants to get rid of him soon.

Aether
I'm sorry about everyone, they're harsh. I trust your decision, (Y/n) :)

You smiled, responding to Aether with a thank you, telling him he was a great friend.

You left Lumine and Kaeya on open.

Lisa was told that he'd done nothing wrong. You told her that he left for your sake, knowing your friends were angry.

You then forwarded the message to Lumine, wanting her to know he was indeed gone. Only because he truly wasn't evil.

You sighed, setting your phone down and calling out for Childe once more.

When there was no response, you truly felt alone. You closed your eyes, thinking of all the fun you had with him. Going to the mall, the park, being able to hold him. You couldn't stand the thought of not being able to do so anymore.

You laid in silence. No joking, no talking, no one to hold. You weren't used to it when it had been like that only a day ago.

When did he even leave? You remembered falling asleep in his arms.

You didn't want to sleep alone. Scratch that, you just didn't want to sleep without Childe. You wouldn't be able to.

Instead, you laid there by yourself. Your phone buzzed occasionally, but you didn't care. You ignored anything other than your own thoughts.

The fact that you never got a goodbye bugged you a lot. For someone who cared about you a lot, you wished he could've at least spared you that much.

Thinking about it would change nothing, so instead, sighing, you stared at the drawing on your night stand.

★            ❤️             ★            ❤️             ★

im sorry if it seems like im rushing im just excited

do you all prefer quicker/multiple uploads a day too? if most of you don't i can try to slow myself LMOSJKS