forty?

Everyone had finally finished their dinner, pretty quickly too, seeing as you sat in the car for awhile to get there. You'd all started laughing and joking around, waiting for the waitress to come back with the bill. That is when..

"Hmm?" You hummed, looking down and taking your phone out of your pocket.

Xiao was.. asking to video chat?

"Sorry everyone, I'll be right back!" You told the family, standing up from your seat to walk outside.

"Take your time dear!" His mother responded, waving.

You nodded, giving a small smile before walking through the restaurant and out the door, quickly.

After a quick stretch, you answered.

"Hello." He spoke as soon as his face showed up on the screen.

"Hey Xiao, what's up?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing."

"Okay I miss you even more now. But I'm doing great! how are things over there?"

"I suppose I miss your presence as well. Everything is alright over here-" He was cut off by someone chuckling.

"Ooh who's that?" You asked.

He sighed, tilting his phone to show Zhongli at the other side of the room, who was laughing at his phone. Once he realized all eyes were on him, he turned his focus to both you and Xiao.

"Ah, hello there (Y/n). Things are going well, I assume?" He questioned, a small smile on his face.

"All is well in the land of Snezhnaya!" You replied.

"Good good, I'm very glad to hear that. Xiao has missed having you around the shop, you know. I'm sure he's excited that you'll be back soon." He said, looking down at his phone and laughing again.

"Awww is that true?" You asked.

Xiao said nothing, closing his eyes and letting out an aggressive breath.

"Nope. I am perfectly fine by myself."

"You know you miss me! And what's so funny over there Zhongli?"

Zhongli stood up and walked over to Xiao, putting his phone screen in front of the camera so you could see.

-

-"

-
"..." You and Xiao went silent.

Zhongli took his phone back, going to sit down again, still laughing quietly.

Xiao looked down at his phone, so the both of you were just staring at each other.

"Well.. that's all that's happening here." He sighed, slapping his hand on his face, making you laugh.

A small smile was on his face.

You glanced into the restaurant, seeing everyone get up from there seats, probably having paid the bill already.

"Ahh I think I should go now. I think I'll call you later though!" You beamed, looking back at your phone.

"I guess that's fine." He replied.

You rolled your eyes, still grinning.

"See you later, (N/n)." He gave a little wave.

"Bye Xiao!" You waved back, hanging up.

Just as you hung up, someone was already hugging you from behind.

"So who was it?" Childe asked, letting go to walk beside you as everyone headed towards the car.

"It was Xiao and Zhongli, they wanted to see how everything's going!" You replied.

Childe nodded, grabbing your hand and walking closer to everyone else.

"What're we listening to first?" Tonia asked, smirking.

"Hmm..." You hummed, thinking.

"How about my little pony songs!" Teucer shouted, running over to cling to your side.

"I like the way you think, Teucer!"

And so, it was settled.

The siblings parents watched as everyone in the back seats, Childe and Anthon included, began to sing 'A true, true friend'.

Their mother took a video of it, probably to post on Facebook at some point, as their father began driving home. He may or may not have joined in the singing at some point.

°                               °                                °

hey guys ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

guess who is once again suffering from gender envy of xiao and also just missing xiao أ‿أ

anyways sorry for mistakes and thank you to the person who commented and said zhongli would laugh at minion memes for the idea this chapter <3

hope u all are well btw!!