1.

Have you ever reached a point in your life and looked back, wondering what happened to all those years? As a doctor, I reached that point. Those years were spent mostly in medical school and building up my career as a world renown neurosurgeon. I'm proud of what I've made myself, don't get me wrong. But recently I've wondered when it was that my life got so boring?

I woke up and realized this the night that I walked in on my wife fucking the gardener. It wasn't pretty, and I silently wondered if that was why I started getting a fifteen percent discount, but I didn't wait around to have a chat with the man. I tossed my wife out on her ass long enough to get my shit packed, I was planning on staying at my parents or one of my sisters and trying to put up with the tribe they call a family, seriously how can one person have so many kids and still be sane?

Anyway, I got a call within hours from Richard Webber. He's the Chief of surgery at Seattle Grace Hospital and offered me a killer job offer. I would have taken it in a heartbeat on any other day, but seeing my wife of ten years naked and being pounded by the help, only drove my decision over the edge. My divorce lawyer had the papers drawn up within a few days, I signed them and left. Seeing as how she was loaded and had an embarrassing more amount of cash, there was no speak of alimony. I was tempted to press the issue but I wanted to be rid of her and the lifeless marriage to be honest.

I wanted to change things, to change the way I spent the years of my life after that. I wanted excitement, and stepping off the plane in Seattle to be welcomed by a thundering rainstorm didn't exactly break me out into a dance. I knew that Seattle had it's share of rain, but after 14 days of residency it only stopped once. It was that night that I ventured out on the town, exploring if you want to call it that. I landed in a bar across the street from the hospital. The Emerald City Bar, interesting name but it looked harmless.

I ordered my usual scotch and sat there alone, just as I wanted to be. I still felt a little stung from the Addison thing. And company was not desired that night, plus it was my first day of work the next morning and the last thing a person needs to be is shitfaced a mere hours before they walk into an operating room. Wouldn't you agree? Then again, maybe I was being too responsible, as always, and needing to let loose a little more. I scanned the room of pretty women and didn't see anything spectacular that I would want to spend the night with and break up in the morning.

Maybe another night. I took another sip of scotch and told myself one was my limit, the taste however was very rich and I was impressed, especially with the look of the small bar. I smelled something sweet and overpowering next to me. Body heat warmed the side of my sweater covered arm and knew it could only mean one thing, I had a sudden admirer. I turned to see a short blonde looking flirtatiously in my direction. I almost wanted to look over my shoulder to see if anyone was sitting there. Not that I wasn't confident in my ability to attract women, but this girl was a baby.

"Hi." She grinned with a slur to her voice "You look new to the area."

I must look too tense, need to loosen up. Was she really all that young?

"Oh?" I asked curiously "What gave that away?"

"Well for starters, you didn't bring an umbrella or raincoat."

She gestured towards the window where a solid sheet of rain was rushing down it like the god damned Niagara Falls. I cursed myself inwardly for taking the momentary clear sky for granted.

"I guess that might be a clear giveaway." I sighed "Nice catch."

"So where are you from?"

She grabbed some lip gloss from her pocket and dabbed it on her already glossed lips. Seriously, why women thought it was some sort of sexual appeal to us men I had no idea. I didn't care to see my reflection in her lips, and if it went to a kiss, my tongue would probably slip so hard I could file a law suit.

"New York." I finally mumbled and looked away from the annoying behavior before I said something "Manhattan actually."

"Wow!" she gasped with fake interest "Aren't people from New York supposed to be like, mean?"

"Yeah." I snickered inwardly "I guess that's why they kicked me out."

She stared back at me with a blank expression as if she were taking my sarcasm seriously. Oh come on, did that alcohol kill so many brain cells that quickly? I needed to get to the point and get rid of her, this was actually annoying. I didn't spend a lot of time in bars in my past, and I'm thinking this might be why.

"So I'm guessing you didn't come over here to ask me where I'm from?"

"You looked new and lonely, so I thought I would buy you another drink."

Which was code word for, I'm horny and you're hot, let's go home and fuck until we're sober. The boy in my pants perked up his ears to listen at attention for a second. Baby, baby, lip gloss, low brain cell count. Ok he went back to bed.

"Actually I think this is going to be my last one." I smiled politely "But maybe another time."

"Oh." She looked disappointed as she pouted her shiny lips at me "Well what if I threw in coming home with me tonight?"

Down boy! Down! I know it's been a while but we have standards.

"Tempting." I murmured through my hesitation "But I have to pass."

"Bummer." She sighed.

Without another word, not even a goodbye, she slid off her stool and went back to her table of drunk friends. My eyes kept going as I scanned the room full of blubbering drunks, it wasn't late but I could tell they'd had more than enough for the night. Something in the corner caught my attention, my eyes stopped as well as my heart.

She was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen, and I'd seen a lot of ladies in my time. She was alone, this gave me hope. She sat at a booth next to the back door, in light blue scrubs which meant she must still be in her residency. Though her face was pouted down into a frown, as if she were trying to figure something out, or maybe stressed over work. Could she really work at the hospital I was about to? I had to find out, and with that my feet stood me up and started walking on their own accord.

The closer I got to her the more radiant she seemed, I had to rehearse my opening line in fear of sounding cheesy and showing the obsessed idiot inside me. I was only feet away when a large body stood up out of his chair and cut me off. He tripped backward and I instinctively put my hands out to catch his fall. He stumbled around to face me and gave me a drunken smile.

"Sorry man." He slurred and then was walking back to the bar.

I shook my head and sighed in frustration but I didn't have time to dwell, I was on a mission. I took a step and my stomach fell as if someone dropped a sack of marbles into it. The table was empty, she was gone. I pulled myself out of shock to scan the rest of the bar, maybe she'd gone back to the bar? I scanned and scanned but still no pretty blue scrubs. My feet took me to the back door and I walked out into the wet parking lot, hoping to catch in fleet but it too was empty. How could someone vanish so quickly, and why did I care! I'd just met her, well I'd just seen her, and technically you'd have to exchange a few words before you actually meet someone.

I looked back into the bar, nothing in there interested me, not anymore. I turned and made my way to my car, maybe if she did work there I'd run into her tomorrow. Ha, only in my dreams!

**********************************
❗️Disclaimer❗️
I didn't write this story full credit goes to "aquariusmind" from the board "Surgical Language" site Tapatalk!

This will be a fic of a different color. For starters, its in first person POV.

Merder will be together eventually. But it will be a while.

will be together. But it will be a while. Like a long while.