32.

"God damn son of a bitch!" I shrieked after opening an envelope. Practically the whole hallway all looked up at me as I fumed.

They were my divorce papers, and it was the third time the bastard sent them back unsigned. Derek and I had been casually flirting and kissing for the last month and though I wanted to move on with him, I just wanted to be free of Deacon. I felt someone grab my arm and pull me over to a corner of the hallway that was out of earshot from the rest of the hall.

"What's wrong?" Mark asked.

"I married a fucking prick is what's wrong!" I hissed.

"I thought you were divorcing the fucking prick?"

"I'm trying to!" I muttered "He sent them back again."

"Again?" he frowned "Do you want me to go kick his ass, because I really don't think I'd have a problem with it."

"I can kick his ass myself." I sighed "Trust me."

Mark let out a sigh as he tried to be the supportive friend. "Well I guess just keep sending them to him and hopefully he'll sign eventually."

"Do you know how long that'll take!"

"Not really." He shrugged "And what does it matter anyhow?"

"Mark." I grimaced and took in a deep breath to calm myself "Do you have any idea how long it's been?"

"How long what's been?"

"It." I muttered. He still looked lost. I huffed and looked around to make sure no one could hear me "I want to get laid, ok!"

"Oh!" he raised his brow

"It's been a very...VERY long time."

"But you and Deacon were working on things..."

"Yeah well I never felt right to do that with him. Always felt something was off. So we never did."

"So that makes it what..."

"Two fucking years!"

"Damn." He whistled "That's a long time."

"No shit."

"Ok." He frowned "So go get laid."

"I can't." I gulped "I just... I have to be unmarried to feel good about getting laid."

"Having sex usually provides its own euphoric experiences Mer, or have you never had it good?"

"I'm not answering that." I glared "And we agreed to wait. All I need is a damn signature on the paper and for Christ sake he won't even give me that!"

"I have a solution for you."

"What's that?"

"Ignore the papers, they're just papers." He murmured "And go get laid...trust me, you'll thank me later."

I glared at his back as he pranced down the hallway. I should have expected just as much from Mark. All he ever did was think about sex. I saw Derek rolling a gurney down the hallway and could see he was in a hurry but he took a moment to look at me, I sighed and flashed him the papers, he got what it meant. He showed a remorseful smile before taking off to the OR. I had to say, he's been very patient. But me on the other hand...I was running out of it.