15.

It had been four days since Dmitri Kaine was arrested. He'd made a confession to everything he was accused of so there wasn't going to be a trial. He was still keeping the whereabouts of Meredith Grey's body a secret however. And I was having a hard time resting with that still lingering in the air. For some reason I had it in me to spent my last breath in search for her. Then again it could have been the stress, Richard gave me a day off and I wasn't sure if that's how I wanted to spend it. Alone in my thoughts isn't exactly a comforting feeling at the moment.

I hadn't seen any sign or sighting of her, and that was both reliving and sickening to me. I wanted to see her, I didn't want this to be it. I mean, we started off at a time where it was too late. But she made me feel alive again. It's like I was the one that was dead all that time, for the last ten years and she's the one that made me feel again, a dead woman. I wanted to spend the day in bed but I was afraid to fall asleep. Luckily I hadn't had the dream I was fearing, the one of her last breathe.

I laid in bed for what seemed like hours and as soon as the sun came through my windows I was up. I went to the kitchen to make some coffee as I rubbed my tired eyes and filled the carafe with water, the filter with grounds and set it up to make a steaming pot. I heard something dripping and passed it off as the coffee brewing. I turned and walked back through my bedroom and into the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for the day. I looked in the mirror as I performed the dental task and silently badgered my brain for some sort of sign for where she could be.

I knew that I shouldn't spend my day off where I should be relaxing and de-stressing out there looking for her and accomplishing the opposite. But like I said, I couldn't rest. I felt something cold hit my heels and looked to see water running across the floor. I glanced down at the sink first, thinking maybe it was plugged and now overflowing. But it was running clear. I turned to find the source of the flood and saw the clawfoot bathtub that I'd never used spilling over. I felt a chill up my spine because I knew that I had never ran the faucet on it, so why would it even have the littlest amount of water in it much less be overflowing?

I stepped towards it to investigate, but slowly so. Stepping carefully through the puddle forming on the floor. I felt my heart race with adrenaline as I peeked over the edge of the tub and into the water. I felt a jump in my chest as I saw her laying at the bottom of the tub. I gasped and blinked to clear my vision but she was still there. Laying silently and lifeless. There was no color to her skin and her lips were as blue as her scrubs. But she was still beautiful, so incredibly beautiful to me.

"Where are you." I whispered into the water of my hallucination "Just tell me."

Her eyes suddenly flew open and she stared right at me. It made me jump enough to lose my balance and the water under my feet caused me to slip. I felt the cold hard ledge of the tub crash against my forehead just before everything went black.

**

"You're lucking I'm good." Mark said as I laid on a hospital bed in the ER getting stitched up "This cut is pretty nasty."

"I told you to shut up." I muttered and groaned through the throbbing pain.

"I told you days off are unhealthy."

"Clearly I've made your point."

"So what caused your fall?"

"I told you, I slipped."

"where did you slip?"

"I was brushing my teeth and there was some bathwater on the floor."

"Bathwater." Mark frowned "But you don't take baths."

"How the hell would you know that?" I scoffed with a look of disturbance.

"I don't." he rolled his eyes "But you don't look like a guy that takes baths."

I gulped and closed my eyes. He was right, I'm not a guy that sits in a full tub full of water with bubbles and rose petals unless there was a beautiful woman sitting on my lap.

"So what gives?" Mark persisted.

"Nothing." I muttered, giving him the hint that I didn't want to talk about it.

"You saw her again didn't you." Mark said, I ignored "You know she'll be the death of you."

"Maybe that's what she wants." I mumbled "Some company."

Mark shot me a look as he finished up my sutures "So what did she tell you."

"I thought you thought it was crazy me seeing her."

"I do." Mark shrugged "But you cracked your head open over it so enlighten me."

"Nothing." I sighed "She never talks, she just shows me things and I have to figure it out."

"Must be frustrating." Mark said sarcastically "Trying to figure a woman out, welcome to the club."

"I just want to know what's left for her to tell me." I sighed "I just wish we could find her and all this could be over with."

"Maybe she doesn't want to be found." Mark said "Maybe she doesn't want us to see her that way."

"I don't know Mark." I shook my aching head "I just wish she would leave me alone."

"So she was in your tub?" Mark smirked "Was it hot?"

"No." I scowled "She was in the water and..." suddenly I felt a light bulb click on over my head. I know people have what they call 'light bulb moments' but this moment was the most prominent to me. I mean I could feel the heat of the light radiating down through my skull as I sat up quickly...too quickly.

"What?" Mark asked, seeing something obviously rolling around in my mind.

"She's in the water." I mumbled as I turned to Mark with ambition radiating through my eyes "Mark, she's in the water!"

I stood up, against too quickly and grabbed the bed to keep my balance. I grabbed my coat with a warning on Mark's lips that I had the full intention of ignoring.

"Where are you going?"

"To find her."