31.

I was floating on cloud nine. Sure, maybe we weren't dating, but it was just as good as. I respected the fact that she wanted to wait until she was completely divorced. It showed that she had respect for our future relationship. And I was enjoying the kissing.. I love the kissing, more kissing I say. I spotted her at the nurses' station, it was three o'clock in the morning and she looked dead tired, but like me her shift didn't end until seven.

I walked up to her, quietly, sneaking my way. Not that I had to be too quiet seeing as she was buried in a chart and yawning. Figured it was only polite to help her perk up a little. I moved behind her just as I placed my hand on the round of her ass and gave it a squeeze. She squealed and jumped, turning to me with eyes wide with shock, I grinned as she burst into giggles and smacked my hand away.

"Derek!" she giggled "What are you doing?"

"Saying hello." I said suavely

"That's not one of our rules." She mumbled "Just kissing remember?"

"Oh." I smirked "But my fingers were kissing your ass, you never specified lips."

"Smartass." She scoffed.

"Better than a dumbass." I chided. She glared at me but a smile graced her lips.

"Speaking of dumbasses, I'm still waiting for my soon to be ex husband to send back the papers."

"He will." I said in a calm voice for her benefit "Just be patient. Getting divorced is a big decision to make."

"It should have been done a year ago."

"You wanted to be sure." I insisted, "And you are?"

"Definitely." She smiled "Well I better get this chart back to my patient's room."

"Not so fast." I said as I took hold of her elbow, she looked at me expectantly "My lips haven't gotten any action yet."

She giggled as I leaned into her and swallowed her lips in mine. I felt her smile into the kiss as I washed my tongue over her lips and slithered it into her mouth for a long second and then pulled away before we started to make passerby's blush.

"Bye." She beamed and then turned to walk off. My eyes followed her bouncing steps until she disappeared down the hallway. I cleared my throat and turned to find two harsh dark eyes glaring at me.

"What?"

"What! Is a good damn question!" she hissed "What the hell was that!"

"We're kissing." I grinned, I was rewarded by a smack on my shoulder "Owe."

"She's not even divorced yet."

"I know." I nodded as I rubbed my sore shoulder "That's why we're only kissing."

"You're taunting her." Lexie glared "And no one taunts my sister without consequences."

"Are you her mother?" I scoffed "She's a grown woman."

"Derek." She sighed with a little more serious tone to her voice "Meredith is a good girl."

"I know she's a good girl."

"Obviously not, or that you don't care." She muttered "Because if you did, then you would see that she has to do this with a clear conscious and room to breathe. If she crosses the line with you while she's still married, it...it'll haunt her for the rest of her life. And Meredith's being haunted by enough right now. Please...just be careful."

"I thought you wanted us to be together?"

"I do." She shrugged "But in the right way... be patient."

"I'm patient." I frowned "I can be very patient."

"Really? Because your fingers didn't look so patient a few minutes ago."

"Oh." My face fell "You saw that huh?"

"I'm watching you." She warned me before walking off.

I sighed and suddenly felt I was under the watch of the mafia. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.