Chapter thirty four

I'm shoved into Stefan's car without an answer. He walks around to the other side and climbs into the drivers seat. He starts the car and begins barreling down the road.

"What are you doing, Stefan?" I ask staring out the window trying to figure out where we're going. He remains silent not even looking at me. A sign passes by saying Wickery Bridge.

My phone begins to ring and I dig it out of my back pocket. I glance at the ID tag and see its Damon. I contemplate answering it when the decision is made for me.

"Answer it." Stefan says nodding his head at it.

I go to answer it when he rips it out of my hands. Really? You could've just taken it before.

"Hi Damon, she's a little busy right now." Stefan smugly projects into the phone.

"Why the hell do you have her phone?" I hear Damon's muffled voice coming from the speaker along with music and other conversations in the background.

"I'm making my next move. Let me ask you something...what will Klaus do if I take his girlfriend away from him" Stefan says into my phone.

"What?" I yell at him. He wouldn't really kill me. I'm his best friend. He wouldn't. I start to breathe hysterically not sure how far he's willing to take this. I'm not used to this twisted version of my Stefan.

"Stefan, leave her out of this." Damon demands.

Stefan cranks his window down and tosses my phone out not even hanging up.

"What the hell!" I yell. Damn it I really liked that phone!

We drive a few feet before Stefan brings his car to a sudden stop. I jolt forward. Thinking he's changed his mind I get out of the car and start walking.

His hands roughly grab my neck and shoulders and he begins dragging me to a wooded area. I struggle to breath against his tight grip.

I manage say "Stefan what are you doing?" In between raspy breaths. I'm thrown to the ground and pined beneath him.

Klaus's POV

"What now?" I say annoyed. Damon leads me into an empty room. "You just pulled me away from a fascinating conversation about landscaping the Town Square." In fact it was rather boring.

"Stefan just grabbed Alex" Damon says

"Well, he's getting desperate." I remark folding my arms across my chest.

"He's gonna try and use her against you. Do what he says, get rid of your hybrids." He pleads

"Or what? Stefan would never dream of killing her." I straighten my posture and think about how I'm going to ruin his life for involving her.

"You sure about that? He just tried to behead someone in the middle of a Council party. He's operating on crazy right now."

"Well, crazy or not, he cares for her. He's bluffing."

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but if you don't want to believe him, believe me." Damon says pleading and inching closer. "I know my brother better than anyone, and right now, I don't have a clue how far he is willing to take this. So if he says blink, I suggest you blink."

Alexa's POV

"So, what's the plan?" I ask once able to breath regularly.

"I took Klaus's family to make him suffer. And now I'm going to take you away from him too" he says harshly looking above him at the trees.

"So, what are you gonna do, huh? You cant compel me to leave?"

"Maybe, I'll just kill you." He says coldly ripping a branch off a tree.