Chapter thirty

"What?" Damon answers in the other end of the phone call.

"Klaus sent a hybrid to hit Jeremy with a car, Alaric dove in front, died, came back to life but wasn't healed." I explain as Jeremy helps load Alaric into the car. "Tony blocked the door and we couldn't get Alaric out" I stand on the porch looking down at Tony's body. "And now his blood is staining the porch"

"Elena and Jeremy are taking him to Hospital right know" I finish nudging Tony with my foot.

"Why didn't you heal him?"

"Don't you remember? My blood's useless due to my human half" I explain

"Oh, why didn't you just juju him?" He asks.

"Well I didn't have the correct herbs on hand!" I half yell into the phone. "You have no idea how witch craft works, due you?"

"Not in particular" he admits

I wave to Elena and Jeremy as the pull out of the drive way. "Just get here" I grumble

"On my way" he says hanging up.

I put my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. "Now what?"

I walk up and down the halls of Elena's house trying to find the linen closet. Once located I pull out a dark sheet and place it over Tony.
His dead eyes were starting to bother me. I knew the guy. I didn't particularly like him, but I knew him none the less.

I sit on the porch swing lightly rocking back and forth. I let the cold night air refresh my skin. The squeaking of the swing slowly lulling me into a relaxed state.

The creek of porch steeps rips me from my calm and ignites the storm. My hands fly up as do my defences.

"Easy there Xenia" Damon mocks laughter shaking through his body.

I relax lowering my arms and standing more straight. "Took you long enough" I throw back at him

"Where should we dump this guy?" He asks nudging Tony with his foot. He body moves slightly causing me to gag.

"Steven's Quarry?" I say

Damon leans over and throws Tony over his shoulder. We walk side by side to Damon's car. "Open the trunk" he instructs.

I pull up on the trunk. Locked. "Where are the keys idiot?" I say rolling my eyes at him.

He gives a satisfied smirk. Sending regretful chills down my spin. "Front right poker of my jeans" he says still smirking.

"Really." I groan. I take a steep to him and reach into his rather deep pockets. Pressed against him I find the pocket empty. "Seriously?" I'm beyond annoyed now.

"Front left" he laughs enjoying my touch.

"Can't believe you" I grumble. Again I reach into his pocket, at least this time I retrieve the car keys. I remove my hand when Damon speaks.

"Carful, don't want your pathological killer finding out you had your hand in my pants"

"Your acting like a five year old" I say raising the truck. Damon ruffly drops Tony into the trunk and slams it shut.

He walks to the passenger side and opens the door. "Care to join me?"

"Considering in the one that killed him, yeah," I say about to clim in. I stop and look into his eyes. "But only if your done harassing me"

"Maybe"

I sit in his car; Damon closes the door after me. I put on my seatbelt and wait for him to start driving.