Chapter Thirteen

"Excuse me. Can I use your phone" I ask a blonde girl in jean shorts and a pink tank top. "My car broke down, yours is the first house I've seen" It's dark out and really hot. Even in my mid thigh shorts and white tank top I'm boiling.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" She asks

"Battery died?" I say holding up my turned off slide phone "I promise it won't take long I just need to call my boyfriend"

"Sure"

Klaus comes up behind
Her and grabs her. He compels her to invite him in, she dose. We walk into the house. A brunet wearing a similar outfit is fussing over the stove.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran away to a house with air conditioning" she says putting the contents of a frying pan into a bowl. "What's going on?" She asks and looks terrified at Klaus and I.

"Please don't be alarmed I'm told Ray Sutton lives here" Klaus says holding the wrist of the blonde

"He's almost never here" the brunet replies.

"I'm sure he comes home once a month" I say moving closer to her. The girls look at each other. "Where is he now?"

She runs for the door, opening it revealing Stefan on the other side. Klaus and I walk to her. "He's in Tulley, it's near the border" she starts to cry " A bar called Southern Comfort. It's off highway 41"

"Now may my friend come in?" Klaus asks the blonde.

"Yes" the she whimpers. Stefan opens the screen door and walks in.

"Kill this one quickly" Klaus says ushering the blonde to Stefan "make that one suffer" he looks at the other girl. "We'll be outside" Klaus wraps his arm around my waist and we leave. Both women scream, I look behind me.

"Don't worry love, let's get in the car" Klaus says pulling me closer.

I get in fulling expecting him to get In the front seat not in the back. "What are you doing?" I ask

"Suddenly I'm not allowed to sit with you?" He defends

"That not what I meant" I explain "it's just...you never sit in the back"

"Well I'd like to change that"

Stefan hops in the drivers seat, blood on his lips. He puts the key in the ignition and drives off with out a word.

"Get some sleep" Klaus instructs "big day tomorrow"

I nod and move forward in my seat so I'm not sitting up completely straight. This would be easer if Klaus was sitting up front, I close my eyes and try to get comfortable. Klaus scoffs and pulls my down so my head is resting on his lap.

"T-thank you" I say letting his heat radiate through me.

"Your welcome" he rests a hand above my hip. Klaus's touch relaxes me and I fall asleep instantly.