Chapter Seventeen

"What the hell is she?"

"Why hello to you too" my voice laced with sarcasm. I address the women with short white hair.

"Be nice Gloria, she could easily kill you" Klaus explains laughing slightly. I stand behind him giver her a smug smile.

Wait Gloria, wasn't she the lady that was singing in the bar? She should be long dead by now. How old is she? I shoot her a questioning look.

"Gloria, shouldn't you be..You know dead?" I ask shifting my weight.

"If I died who would run this place"

I studied her "You're a witch aren't you?"

"I can slow the ageing down some. It seems you know about me, who are you?"

"Annalexa Stewart, vampire" I say smugly "Not all vampire though" I explain "half witch"

"Ahh" she replies leaning to her right.

Stefan walks to the bar and begins mixing drinks, not interested in the conversation.

"If I remember correctly Rebekah turned you"

"That is right, fortunately I was one of her first and she screwed up. Thus leavening me in this awkward in between state"

"So your a hybrid?" Gloria asks

"Of sorts" Klaus interjects smiling slightly.  "Now the real reason were here."

"A hybrid out to make more hybrids that kind of news travels" Gloria says. We take a seat at a table, the chairs creek once we sit.

"So what went wrong? I broke the curse." Klaus explains

"Every spell has a loop hole, but a curse that old....we'd have to contact the witch who created it"

"That would be the Original witch. She is very dead"

"I know and for me to contact her I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah"

"She's a bit preoccupied" Klaus chuckles

"She has what I need bring her to me"

"What is this?" Stefan asks from behind the bar. He holds up an old black and white picture of him and Klaus. Both men wore suits and smiled in the picture.

"Like I told you Chicago is a magical place" Klaus answers "I will explain everything once it needs to be. Now let's go get Bekah"

We arrive at a warehouse, Stefan is still going on about 'how come I don't remember' crap. I tune out and look at my surroundings. Tall metal shelves full to the brim with creates and other assorted boxes.

"If you knew me why not tell me!" Stefan yells

"To be honest I hated you at first." Klaus says calmly "You fell for my sister, and her you"

"Your sister? Your saying I knew another original?"

We walk to a corridor filled with dark brown coffins. Klaus opens one and reveals Rebekah. Her skin is grey and you can see her vanes. Her white dress is stained in the centre where the dagger sticks out.

"I don't recognize her" Stefan says leaning in the coffin.

"Don't tell her that, Rebekah's temper is worse than mine" Klaus says pulling the dagger from her chest.

We waited twenty minutes in the warehouse for her to wake up, and still nothing.

"Any day now" I say getting impatient. I sat on the floor leaning against the wall.