Chapter twenty nine

I walk into Elena's house and find her leaning over Alaric. I walk toward them when I hear a loud gasp. Alaric shoots up and nearly hits Elena as he does so.

"Ric, hey." Elena says taking a relieved breath.

"How's Jeremy?" Is the first thing he says when he stands.

"Hating me. Hating life. Hating the fact that we can't even have a family dinner without somebody dying before dessert...."

Ric leans forward I can smell the blood from here.

"Are you okay" I ask slowly walking towards him.

Alaric coughs, blood coating his hands.

"Oh my god!" Elena and I both say tuning for him.

"Something's wrong! The ring!" He says before collapsing.

"Ric, hey." I say grabbing a pillow off the couch to put under his head. "Call 911" I instruct Elena

"Feed him your blood" she demands

"It won't help" I franticly say trying to remember if any magic I know could slow the bleeding. Elena stares blankly at me un moving. "Elena!" I yell at her "call 911"

She move to the phone and calls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of sirens come down the street followed by a knock on the door. Elena opens the door for two paramedics

"What happened?" The first man asks

"He got hit by a car and... he's coughing up blood." Elena explains

"Get his vitals." The second tells the first

"Pulse pretty weak. Looks like internal bleeding. We gotta get him outta here."

"Let's move!"

"Let's not and say we did." Tony appears in the door way compelling the paramedics. "Why don't you two meet us at the hospital?"

"What?" Elena asks confused.

"Tony!" I scold. The paramedics pack up and leave

"No, no, no, wait. No wait! You have to help him!! What are you doing?" Elena cries watching them leave.

"Tony, bring them back here now" I demand stepping in front of Elena

"Sorry" he says sarcastically "You can still save his life, Here, take my blood."

He stands on the door step unable to get through the thresh hold.

"I can't get in. You're gonna have to invite me." He says pushing his hand on the invisible barrier.

"Why are you doing this?" I asks firm, Klaus would kill him if he hurt me and Tony knew it.

"Klaus asked for his family. Elena didn't deliver."

Ric starts hacking on the floor, blood covering his mouth and chin.

I went from glaring at Tony to kneeling beside Ric on a failed attempt to comfort him.

"Might want to invite me in, Elena." He say hands on either side of the door.

Tony stiffens and fall on his back. I stealthily walk to the door. Jeremy stands at the base of the porch; crossbow in hand.

"Jeremy!" Elena screeches coming beside me.

"He's not dead yet." I announce. Jeremy nods coming into the house.

"Head or heart. Right Jer?" I say stepping over Tony.

"Yes" he says halfway to the kitchen. Seeing what I'm about to do he stops; he walks back to Elena's side. Both watch in terroir as I shove my hand into his chest. I grip his heart in my hand. I rip the warm tissue from his chest, coating my hand and wrist in blood.

Elena screams as I hold it in my hand. First time I've done this. I place it by the rest of him and get to my feet.

"Now he's dead." Jeremy says practically grinning at the now dead hybrid on their porch.

"Get Alaric to the hospital" I instruct. Pulling out my phone. Once the numbers dialled I put the device up to my ear. It rings twice before there's an answer.

"Hey Damon, do you wanna hide a body?"