Chapter Twenty eight

I still cant believe Bonnie was hiding this from us; She knew where Stefan was this whole time.

"Elena you're staying with Alaric," I announce. "Damon and I'll talk with Stefan"

"I'm coming with you" she protests

"No, Alexa's right." Shocked I look at Damon. "You need to be here when he wakes up"

Elena has no idea what to say to this. Her face shows this perfectly. "Okay" she finally says.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure this idiot doesn't get himself killed" I nudge Damon in the ribs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon and I walk through a meadow leading up to the house. Tall trees some dead and some alive line the outer perimeter of the garden.

A tall Victorian style house stands alone. Vines an other plant life have claimed the walls and the giant pillars.

"I thought Bonnie said this place lost all it's mojo." Damon says breaking the comfortable silence I hadn't realized we fell into.

"Witches are finicky that way. One day their trying to kill you, the next they want you to help them" I say speaking from experience.

"I hate witches. So fickle... Passive aggressive..."

"I agree"

We walk through the white door arch, there isn't much of a door anymore. The inside is all tattered and dark with streams of light poking through windows and holes in the wall.

"Stefan?" I half demand

"Come on, Stef. Olly Olly Ox and free," Damon and I make our way through the house. A stream of light grazes Damon's face. "Aaah. Ow. Ugh." He screams his skin festering.

He rushes into a shadowy corner. The burnt skin quickly heals as he groans.

"Really?! Still?!" He calls to the roof.

"What?" I ask, wondering why is ring would suddenly crap out like that.

"Witchy spirits aren't a big fan. And they use their juju to screw with my daylight ring!"

"Told you, you should've let me dispel your ring for you" I say standing directly in the un harmful sunlight. "With my magic you would have to worry about witchy interference from the dead witch community"

"Yeah I'd just have to worry about you" he remarks, still hiding from the light in his corner

"Why don't you wait outside?" I say blocking the light on the path to the door

"I'm not leaving you alone with my brother"

"Well I'm not leaving till I speak with him" I cross my arms and stare him down

"Let me get this straight, you want me to leave you with my emotionless brother who could use you to get back at Klaus?"

"Correct!" I say dinging an imaginary bell

"Am I the only one who sees a flaw in that plan?" He leans on the wall

"Stefan cant lay a hand on me" I explain walking to Damon. I stop arms length from him. "Now leave before I throw you out" I say seriously

He smiles, thinking I'm joking and continues to lean on the wall. "I'd like to see you try"

"Okay, just remember you asked for it"

I grip his leather jacket and throw him over my shoulder and out the door. He slams to the ground, shocked.

"Don't say I didn't warm you!" I call turning my back to walk further into the house.

"I'll give you that one!" He yells back

"Stefan!" I yell walking to the lower level.

"Go away!" He says coming up behind me. His arms are crossed.

"No. Bonnie said you'd be here"

"Well, Bonnie sucks at keeping secrets." He walks past me into the large room. Shelves littered with containers and various stained jars cover the walls.

"You need to give Klaus his family back" I demand starring him down.

"Really? Did Klaus send you?"

"Klaus compelled Jeremy to jump in front of a car." I say not letting his comment get to me. "He's not gonna stop till he gets what he wants"

"I'm not giving Klaus anything." He says

"Are you listening to me? He's gonna kill Jeremy!"

"Not really my problem."

"Well it better start being your problem, or Klaus won't be the only one after you!" I scream

I grab him by the coat and rush outside. I break and branch, stab him in the stomach and throw him at his brother.

"He's your problem now" I say kicking dirt at Stefan

"That didn't go over well." Damon remarks glancing down to Stefan; trying to pull the stake out of his abdomen.

"To put it simply" I turn and start for town. "I'll let you talk some sense into you brother" getting ready to sprint "I'm heading back to check on Ric" I run off at full speed to Elena's.

A/N
Hey guys, how are you liking the regular updates so far? I'll do my best to have a new chapter up every Tuesday. Drop me a comment if there's anything you're unsure of or if you just wanna say 'hey'.