Chapter Two

I head home deciding it wasn't a good idea to have a drink if I'm original hunting. I get home and start getting ready; theme's the 1960s. Since I was alive in the 60s I have the perfect dress to wear. It is black with white fringing around the bottom, it reaches right below my knees. I throw the dress on then go into the bathroom. My makeup is still fine. I part my hair down the centre and let my natural waves flow down my back. I step in front of my full wall mirror and bask in how kick ass I look.

"It's missing something," I tell myself, in the corner of my eye I see a clip in black rose. "Perfect," I pin it in the left side my hair and go down stairs. My creaky stairs sound like gun shots in the quite house. I go to the coat closet and pull out a black button up jacket and black flats. I push open the front door and reveal a star light sky. I walk down my creaky porch steeps and sit in my car. I marvel at my impala and how it matches the theme. Being from the 60s, its pure luck. I start up my baby and drive to the school.

I get to the school and I'm flooded with praise from "wow you look amazing!" To "You look hot". The last one is mostly from the guys. I wonder to the right side of the gym, trying to find someone, anyone I knew. I come up empty handed and I think about heading to a random group of people.

"You look amazing" I see Alaric or I guess Klaus. He eyes me, studying my curves in the dress. I'm little revolted. Damon told me to play dumb and to make him think I don't know anything.

"Thanks Ric" I say and give a little spin.

Bonnie and Damon walk into the gym and see Ric. They see my awkwardness and rush to my side.

Bonnie starts up a conversation instantly relaxing me. "Wow Lexa where did you get that dress?" Bonnie asks her eyes full of wonder. She herself is wearing a long sleeve dress with a striped pattern and knee high red boots. She's very pretty.

"Oh I got this when I was living in New York. You like?" I give anther spin to give her a full view.

"It's nice" Damon adds; He also scans my body. He wore a black dress shirt and dark jeans.

"Not bad yourself" I elbow him in the ribs. "Elena here yet?" I ask standing on the toes of my flat shoes glancing around the room.

"Stefan and Elena are over there" Bonnie responds pointing to the table closest to the wall.

"Thanks" I say making my way through the sea of people dragging Bonnie along with me. "I hope Damon can handle himself. It was a little awkward over there." Bonnie nods in agreement.

"When need to get him alone" Stefan explains to Elena.

"How?" She demands throwing her hands up in frustration.

"I have an idea" Damon say pushing his way in.

"No" came from my mouth.

"You don't even know what I was going to say" he defends

"Yes I do. You want me to lure him into the hallway," I say "but I won't he gives me the creeps."

"Ok maybe you do, but you still will. Now go" he pushes me through the people and into Alaric. Ignoring my protest "We'll meet you in the hall he whispers before shoving me.

"Sorry" I mumbled as I crash into him. Damn it Damon owes me big time for this. He always has me playing bait.

"It's nothing" Alaric says

"Can I talk to you for a moment" I ask motioning to the hall. I pray he has no idea what we were planning.

"Sure"

I lead him to the hall way. We walk for a moment before I hear Bonnie begin chanting. I back away from Klaus and start the essence channeling spell.

"So you know. Won't do you any good love" he laughs. "I can't be killed"

Bonnie throws him across the hall and into the award case. Glass shatters; he stumbles and heads to the left. We follow after him into the cafeteria. Once inside I snap his wrist as Bonnie begins to break his bones. I found Alaric's essence and was holding onto it.

"Do it" I hear Damon call coming out of nowhere. I turn to face Bonnie to see how she's holding. I'm shocked at what I see. Blood drips out of her eyes and down her cheeks. Her chanting stops and she crashes to the ground, lifeless.

"No!" I scream as Elena comes to grab a hold of her. "Bonnie!" That sets me off. I turn to Alaric (Klaus) and start to chant the last of her spell. Being more powerful then Bonnie was the spell works faster. He crumples in pain and falls to his knees; Blood fills my vision but I keep going. He is going to die because of this.

"No Alexa!" Stefan yells as he takes me out of the school and pins me to the grass. I cease my chatting to yell at him

"What the hell Stefan!" I shout "I had him!" I get to my feet and shove him. "I would've been fine,"

"You don't know that!" a new voice joins the screaming.

"I do know that Damon! I'm stronger than anyone here! I can handle myself," I start for the school to finish what I started. I take a step felling the moist grass on my left foot. Where the hell is my shoe! Damon must have seen my blood red eyes and the blood dripping down my face. I wipe the blood from my eyes.

"You're not going back in there!" Damon grabs my arm and pulls me close to him. In one swift movement he jerks my head to the side.