'Chapter 19'

While other students were still arriving the finish line you created a normal needle to play with as you wait.

After a few minutes of waiting, all the students gathered for Midnights instructions and announcements.

"The first game of the first year stage is finally over! Now, take a look at the results" you weren't really surprised at the results, but you were happy to be at 4th place and below you was Ibara Shiozaki from class B.

There was only up to 42 winners and since you existed here that means Aoyama was out of the competition "The top 42 made it to the next round. It's unfortunate but don't worry even if you didn't make it, we still prepared chances for you to shine"

"The near competition begins!" once again a screen popped behind Midnight "Now then, here is the second game" the screen then showed Cavalry Battle you looked around for potential people for you to team up with.

You already scratched Midoriya, Bakugou and Todoroki off your list, you didn't want to team up with those three and rely on them.

You want to work with someone so they can rely on you, and work as a team, you don't really see any other people that you know but one.

"Let me explain" Midnight turns to look at the screen "The participants can form a team up to three to four people as they wish" you glance at Midoriya 'Good luck Izuku' you chuckled.

"It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is..." she trailed off as she glances to the students "Based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned to a point value"

You sighed in relief that you didn't get first place "In other words each team is worth different points depends on who's on the team!" you hear Uraraka "Yeah, that also makes whoever has the largest point a bigger target" Mina and Uraraka turns to you "That means it'll be a real challenge to whoever has the largest point" you nodded.

"You guys don't hold back even when I'm talking, huh?!" you flinched as Midnight yelled at the three of you. You backed away slightly trying to hide in the crowd of students.

"Yes that's right! And the points assighed goes up by five starting from the bottom" the screen showed the students scores, you looked up for your score.

"And the point value to first place is...Ten Million!" you turn to Midoriya who seemed frozen in place, as other students also turn to him as if he was a prey in a pack of wolves, getting ready to be eaten.

As Midnight explained more of the rules "Now, you have fifteen minutes to build a team!" you look around for a certain someone when a flock of students surrounded you "Eh?" you looked at the students, which some of them are you classmates.

"Come on L/N! Pick me on your team!"

"No pick me!"

"And me!"

"No! With my Quirk wr can easily win!"

You scratched your head "Uuh...I already have someone in my mind to team with" they sighed and left to go to either Bakugou or Todoroki.

As you were walking up to the personyou wanted to team up with you bumped inti Midoriya, who was with Uraraka "N/N-chan!" "L/N" you smiled.

"Are you gonna team with us?!" you shook your head "Sorry, but i have someone already in mind" you then turn to Midoriya, you started walking but stopped right beside him, not even looking at the green haired boy "This is where our rivalry begins, Izuku"

You walk up to Shinsou "Hey, can I be on your team?" he turn to you with a confused look "Your from class 1-A, right?" you nodded.

You were being careful of his Quirk, you want to be in his team not as a mindless puppet but as a team, as someone he can rely on.