Past and Hatred

"Princess, come here, we need to go home. We'll come back here at the park tomorrow, hmkay?" Jennie's father said. Jennie grinned widely. She clung her tiny arms in her father's right arm.

"And we're going to buy dilly pops again?" Jennie asked.

"Yes princess! And even bubbly waffles! That's your favorite, right?" Jennie nodded frantically, she was giggling nonstop. A child was excited to go home, sleep, and wake up only to play again with her dad at the park tomorrow.

Jennie and her father walked at the sidewalk, thinking it was a normal night like any other. However, Jennie was clueless on what will happen next. Something that she never thought nor been ready.

A loud crash was heard, and thick smokes covered the area. Jennie coughed and tried to cover her mouth with her little hand. Her father was quick to act, he carried Jennie in a protective manner.

"What's that daddy?" Jennie started to cry. She wasn't used to this and she was starting to get scared.

"I don't know princess. Let's stay out of here." Her father said, wiping the tears in Jennie's cheeks.

"Daddy, what is that?" Jennie's eyes widened, she was frightened. Before her father can even turn around, a fast creature walked towards them.

Everything happened so fast. The next thing Jennie witnessed was her father already lying dead in the street, with his body mildly burnt and an evident slash in his neck.

"Dada! Let's go home!" Jennie begged, not knowing his father was lifeless. A creature with current of electricity as aura came towards her.

"Dada, please. Please, stand up." Jennie added, pulling his father arm upwards. The body was hot but Jennie didn't mind. She wants to save her father.

"There's a monster, dada. Please let's go out of here." Jennie said, her little body was trying to carry the corpse of his father.

The creature stood up proudly infront of her. Jennie cried and shivered. His eyes were golden brown and his tail was wiggle in the air as if he was playing something.

"What did you do to my dada!" She shouted. The creature look at her unamused.

"You hurt him, you hurt him!" She added, wanting to hurt the creature but her body can't move.

"I'm going to spare your life, little human. So you can have nightmares about this during your whole life." The creature said, holding Jennie's chin. The voice was cold and huge, almost similar to a demon.

"I'm the King of Zim. And time will come, your race will no longer exist." He said, followed by a demonic laugh.

That same night, the news reported numerous murder cases with the same way of killing. Slash on the neck and burnt corpse.

The morning came. It was raining, Jennie was still sitting beside her father's corpse. Hoping that in any minute it will have life again. She knew he was dead, but she wasn't willing to let go. Jennie sat there, emotionless, her eyes were empty, quite, while she combs his father's raven hair.

The ambulance and cops arrived. Rescuing little Jennie and taking away the corpse to take care of it at the morgue. Two child welfare agents came towards Jennie, pulling her away from his father's body. She wasn't willing to be separated at his father that time. She wants to stay beside him. He is all what she had.

"Nooooo, dada!" Jennie shouted.

"Dada!" Jennie woke up. Bead of sweats form in her forehead. She was panting heavily.