Black Merchant

"What does a beautiful lady doing here?" Seokjin asked when she spotted Irene at the bar counter.

"Hey, you? What are you doing here? And did you just call me beautiful?" Irene slurred, shaking the shot glass infront of her face. Seokjin laughed at Irene's cuteness.

"I'm with a colleague for a drink but he left already. Then, unfortunately, I spotted you trying to be completely hammered" Seokjin pointed out.

"Oh no, don't touch my tequila, you're disrespectful. I'm older than you, don't you snatch my drink when I'm about to pour it straight on my throat, hoping that it would burn my heart, so, so- so, it would stop aching!" Irene said before sobbing. Her head rests on Seokjin's chest.

"I don't like what's happening right now. It felt like that anytime that Chaeyoung will take someone I care of, for good" Irene said.

"Who's Chaeyoung? And who's someone you completely care of?" Seokjin asked but Irene continued on sobbing, that's when he realized it's not the right time to ask questions. This lady infront of her just needs someone to listen for her, and Seokjin will happily obliged.

"I'm scared."

"I was scared when taking the next step for our relationship, but atleast, I am with her. I am scared with her. But right now? I'm not even sure that if I went home tonight I could see her sitting on my couch like she always do." Irene said. Her? She? Seokjin confusedly asked.

"I'm not sure if until when she's going to be here but one thing is for sure. She'll leave for good, she'll be happy with her lover and I'll be left alone with all our memories and I doubt if I can move on"

"Because she hits me different. I am all over her" Irene wiped her cheeks. Seokjin caressed her back while he rest his chin at the top of her head.

"But I'm not sure what I am to her. If she does care for me or I'm just forcing myself. I don't know where's my place. I don't know where I belong" Irene as she continues in breaking down.

Seokjin was muted. He thought Irene did a mistake using those female referring pronouns but this time, he was sure that Irene was inlove with someone else and that is a girl.

"Go on, tell me your stories. I'd like to listen" Seokjin whispered.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be here, not atleast with you." Irene said as she stood up.

"Because I'm an arrogant jerk?" Seokjin playfully asked.

"You are."

"An arrogant jerk can be a good listener. Try me, I won't use this against you, I swear" Seokjin compromised and Irene gave in. She needs someone tonight, a listener.

"Okay. I'm stupid enough to cry on you tonight might as well try my best to be stupidest" Irene said.

Seokjin ordered two bottles of beer. One for Irene and another one for Irene, because Irene insisted that if Seokjin will get drunk he might not be able to listen properly.

"So it's a her?" Seokjin asked as he sipped on his non alcoholic cocktail.

"Did I stutter earlier?" Irene rolled her eyes. Seokjin chuckled, Irene was open about her sexuality, her preference.

"I thought I'm straight until I met her" Irene looked blankly on her beer.

"You see, she made me feel things that I never encountered before. A lot of first times that I would never regret. Scary but it was worth it. Well, I thought it was worth it." Irene mumbled.

And her story continues. Seokjin just doesn't know if who's her. One thing he knows that is for sure, that her was hurting Irene.