Almost a Confession

Lisa staring for too long at the photo

Lisa staring for too long at the photo. She was cleaning Irene's room when she saw a photo at one of the drawers while Irene was outside cooking for their lunch. Although it was hot since the air conditioner was off, Lisa didn't sweat, even a bit. Making her skin glow radiantly like the usual, perks of being an alien.

"You tried being blonde" Lisa muttered.

"This was Bogum" she added.

"Aish, he looks like someone who host at Music Bank"

"but you two look so fine together" Lisa said but then her crystal ache, like it shattered for a second and then it was gone immediately.

"Lisa? Come here, let's eat first" Irene shouted from outside.

Lisa got startled. She quickly put the photo inside the pocket of her hoodie, she'll ask some question at Irene later.

"Are you done cleaning?" Irene asked as she place a plate in Lisa's front.

"Not yet, I got distracted by this" Lisa said waiving the photo infront of Irene.

"Where did you get this?" Irene asked in surprised as she snatched it from Lisa's grasp.

"At one of the drawers near your bed" Lisa said smiling.

"This photo was taken long time ago" Irene said. She feel the need to explain at Lisa for some reason she doesn't know.

"How will you know if you're in love with someone?" Lisa asked while staring at Irene.

"Well, I don't know but maybe when you... when a particular person keep messing your head and they made your heart pounding. And there was... there was a weird need that you must have them by your side" Irene said. It was all how she feel towards Lisa. She was caught off guard at Lisa's question and she wasn't even prepared to answer it. Did she just admit on herself that she's inlove with Lisa?

"Is that how you felt with Bogum?" Lisa asked curiously, as she lean forward in an interrogating manner.

"Hm. At some point. I did." But not everyday unlike with you. Irene continued on her head.

"I want to understand how human's emotion works" Lisa said.

"Like for example, why would you cry when you cut your head? It was just a head. It's not like they stab you" Lisa said as a matter of fact.

"You can't actually cry Lisa, a human is basically dead when headless" Irene rolled her eyes.

"Why are you suddenly interested with these kind of things?" Irene asked.

"I feel like I'll put it in a good use soon" Lisa smiled.

"I think it would be better if you understand first how a human body works" Irene suggested.

"How our body functions. What should be considered dangerous and not. I don't know, our organs maybe for a starters? What's bad for it and how to take good care of it"