| 1 |

[ Hey Guys! I'm currently in the process of editing this mess so I'm sorry for any confusion you may face going forward. My plan is to finish as possible so I can quickly get started on Rose. I know it's been a while but A LOT has been going on with me. Anywho, I hope you enjoy the story none the less! AND 100K READS!? YOU GUYS ARE AMAZINGGGGG]

Life is hard.

I'm not talking about life as in stressing about school work, the perfect outfit or the perfect boyfriend. I mean life is hard because in less than four weeks I have to leave this Children's group home and will essentially be on the streets.

There aren't many shelters around and the ones the are, are at capacity. I don't have much of a family, besides the people I grew up with. My mom died giving birth to me, and I never met my father. I lived with my grandmother for sometime until she passed away when I was six, landing me here.

As far as I know I have no living relatives. Since I was eight, I was in and out of Foster Homes landing back here each time. Ten years of an exhausting cycle. Mrs. Beesley, the mother of the house, has been really kind to me though. She even fought against the city council to let me stay here until I finished high school. By law, anyone over seventeen isn't allowed or the state will stop funding the group home.

I've tried looking for jobs but they turned out to be dead ends. It's depressing to say the least.

Bottom line is, I need a miracle.

Today was just like any old day, boring and useless. Sighing while looking at myself in the mirror, I brushed my hair into a ponytail before tying my head in a scarf. I clasped the gold locket that I hold most dear to my heart, it around my neck. It holds a picture of my mom that was given to me by my grandmother.

"Ready to go?" Hayden asks. I took one final look at myself before grabbing my book bag and heading out the door. The walk to school was unusually quiet as I played with the locket. "So..." He started, "Mrs. Beesley says that a couple will be coming today. She says they spotted me during the toy drive last week and wants to adopt me. Only thing she wants me to do is keep my sexuality a secret."

"Why?" My attention was on him now.

"Because the last three families rejected me because of it."

"I think you should be true to yourself, you want them to love you for you right?"

"I mean yeah, but I also want a family... maybe if they get to know me first, they'll accept it later." He added.

"Just be happy okay. I don't want you to change yourself for anyone because later on you're going to be unhappy and I don't want that." He nodded as we continued to walk, stopping at the stairs.

"I hope you can find a home before, you know the day."

"Yeah, it is what it is." I slightly smiled while shrugging. I'm not going to keep my hopes up. The last thing I want is to get sexually harassed or assaulted by another married man and have his wife blame me, saying everything was fine before you got here. Even though I'm literally running out of options and time, I rather be homeless than go through that cycle again.

Mrs. Beesley offered to help me find my birth father but I denied it. He should have been there. I shouldn't have to look for a grown man who obviously doesn't want to be found.

School went by fast today and I was let out early. Because Hayden is in a grade below me, I walked home alone.

I was a few blocks away from the home when my stomach started talking to my back. I knew there was a food truck nearby so I switched routes and headed that way. The line was long but all I had was time. There was a guy in front of me dressed in a very formal, dark gray sleek suit paired with the shiniest black shoes I've ever seen. He had a nice back profile and everything about him screamed money.