| 15 |

— One Week Later

This whole week has been a nice Aurelio-less week. I've gotten to sleep comfortably in my own bed and like I said earlier no Aurelio. But all things must come to an end, and I was informed that he will be returning home today. Not only that but for this whole week, George has been ignoring me.

I know why he's doing it, I just hate that he's doing it. I hate the hold Aurelio has over my life, picking and choosing who I can and cannot speak to. It's been such a long time since I've spoken to Hayden and the thought kills me. The only thing that keeps me occupied is school, which is what I'm doing now. Whilst skimming through my closet last night, I found my laptop.. still no phone.

Usually Maria would be cooking, but she came down with a stomach bug, so here I am, sitting, eating a breakfast that doesn't taste as nearly as good as hers. I should get her to teach me how to cook when she feels better. I also want to learn how to drive. I'm nineteen and can barely do anything for myself, home wise.

As I was munching on my burnt bacon, George comes downstairs wearing a sleeveless black shirt that has huge holes on the side, showing off his gorgeous body. His trunks are nice but most of my attention went to the free display of abs. I almost choked on my bacon as he turned around.

"Uhm.. good morning." I cleared my throat, trying to sound as calm as ever. Instead of answering, he takes a bottle of water and goes through the glass doors. Rude.. Deciding I've had enough of this, I close my laptop and storm outside. "Did you not hear me speak to you?" His back was turned to me and he said nothing. I walked up to him, tapping him harshly.

"Did you not hear me speak to you?" I asked further.

"Obviously not." He sassed, pulling out his earphones, that I totally disregarded earlier.

"Okay, but what about the rest of this week, you ignored me, blatantly if I might add."

"I don't have to speak to you and why are you talking to me, aren't you supposed to be doing schoolwork or something?" He asked, completely uninterested in giving me an answer.

"What the hell is wrong with you? What did I do?"

"Nothing, just go back inside Kitten." He tried to brush me off.

"That's not my name." I snarled.

"Isn't it?" I huffed before storming back into the house. Who in the hell was that because it certainly isn't the George I remember. Then again, a lot of things are a little fuzzy to me, and people aren't who they appear to be first hand.

"Thinking about taking a swim?" Lola asked me with a smirk on her face, as soon as I made it to the computer. Did she just see that? Of course she did because she has nothing better to do than be Aurelio's cum bag. I just took my laptop upstairs with me because I was honestly over this day.

☁︎︎

The day was passing me by, literally. I successfully finished my homework but so many things were going through my mind, like George's behavior earlier. I really need to know who Aurelio really is.. I need to know what I'm actually dealing with here. My feet move on their own, walking to the window, which has a clear view of the backyard, the pool specifically.

George swam laps and laps, not faltering for a second. I leaned my head against the window, playing with my locket, whilst staring, hopelessly.

"Good evening." I gasped, turning around fast, and praying he wasn't there long. "I was calling you." His hands were placed in his pockets, as he walked towards me, slowly. His navy blue, expensive, tailored suit fits him well.. especially around his thighs.