| 5 |

"I'm going to miss sneaking out of the group homes on weekends, skipping class, and having our daily gossip sessions." Hayden chuckles.

"I know." I bit down into my crunchy chocolate ice-cream. I mentally thank the hands that made this delicious sugary treat. We've been hanging out and walking for hours but soon we'll have to go back so Hayden can pack.

When we reached the building we sat outside on the steps, looking up into the sky.

"Definitely going to miss stargazing with you. It was always so relaxing." He gazed.

"Yeah." I responded shortly. "Listen to us.. we're acting as if you're moving across the country." We both laugh at my comment.

"Feels like it though." I give a small smile before looking up. "Do you think they'll find him?"

"Who?" I ask without moving my head.

"James, you know he's missing." I sat up, running my fingers through my hair.

"I don't know honestly, not that I care anyways. He sexually harassed me the entire time I stayed with his family and what did his dad do, join, and what did his mom do? Nothing but kick me out. I wouldn't give two fucks, if that whole family disappear." He chuckles at me while sitting up. I finished my ice cream and threw the stick away.

"You know something, I would sure like to know who's in that car, I see it every where." I followed his gaze across the street, noticing it too.

"We should go inside." I blurted out. He nodded while hopping up. Upon reaching the door, I took one last glance back, before heading inside.

☁︎︎

"Bye, remember to always stay true to yourself, I'll see you at school tomorrow, I love you Hayden."

"I love you too Rosie, and don't worry, I will." We pulled apart, glancing at each other a little longer before he had to put his bags in the car.

"Take care of my brother." I demanded.

"Yes ma'am." Mr. McCoy smiled before shutting the trunk and heading to the driver's side. Hayden buckled his seatbelt and took a deep breath before opening his eyes and looking at me. I wave slightly until the vehicle was out of sight.

"Never thought I would see the day he left." Mrs. B sighed. "I know you're going to miss him, Rosie, I will too." She patted my shoulder before going inside. I nod, still looking at the car that was getting farther away from my sight. "Don't worry Rosie, that'll be you soon."

☁︎︎

"Rose!!" I jumped up to see Mrs. B standing over me.

"Ms. B... what's up?"

"Mr. Martinez is here. He would like to meet with you now." Mr. Martinez?

"Um okay." To be honest I was having an amazing dream. I was sitting on the balcony of my future house, looking over everything while sipping the most expensive wine. I followed quickly behind, to her office almost gasping aloud. My heart was in my throat. Although I shouldn't be nervous, I am, maybe even anxious. I couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not.

"Pleasure to see you again, Rose." He smiled while reaching out his hand. I swallowed hard while taking it. I mentally cursed myself for liking the way my name sounded rolling off his tongue.

"Y-yeah." Don't stutter, idiot.

"Mrs. Beesley, do you mind if we speak in private for a bit." He asks her, referring to him and I. She nods with a smile, while standing up to leave. Once the door closed after her the air became thicker.