| 4 |

It's been a couple of days since I last saw the McCoys. I also haven't heard anything about this mysterious family that wants to adopt me. I'm a little skeptical since I'm already eighteen. Mrs. B tells me they're aware of that and stills wants to adopt me. Whatever keeps me off the streets I guess.

James has been missing since I last saw him in the alley with Aurelio. I wonder if he killed him? Or is James so frightened he chose to move away? Either way, I didn't find myself complaining. Good riddance. And on top of all of that, I lost the damn wallet.

Hayden has been really depressed lately, which is hurting me. I mean he's been rejected before but he really had high hopes for this family. Maybe it's my fault for pushing him to tell the truth. if he would have listened to Mr. B he would have been gone. Maybe I was too pushy when I went to visit them..

Unlike other times when we'd walk home in silence, it was a careful space for us. Now it just feels suffocating. Once we made it inside, Ms. B nearly bomb-rushed us.

"Hayden, I need to see you in the office now. Rosie, get dressed, you're going out for the day." Hayden followed orders while I remained confused. "Well hurry!"

"Where am I going?"

"Your potential adopter wants to take you out today, now excuse me, I have some business to take care of, it's been a really busy day." I nodded, watching her speed walk away before heading upstairs myself. This is like my sixth family so why am I so nervous? 

Maybe because I'm damn near an adult and someone wants to take me in. 

More so I have not heard nor seen these people.

I spent an hour in the bathroom, debating on what to do with my hair for a first good impression but at last, I settled for the natural curly fro. I wore black cut skinny jeans, white t-shirt, and a bombers jacket with my favorite black combat boots; because let's be honest, I don't really have anything so this is my best. I went downstairs to converse with Joey until Mrs. B tracked me again.

"Rosie, the car is outside."

"Okay." I sighed hugging Joey. "Be good."

As I walked down the steps, I kept looking around because I knew this enormous limo wasn't for me. This town doesn't even have limousines, I thought.

"Ms. Jones?" The man dressed in all black with pitch-black sunglasses, asks. I looked up trying to find a slither of sun because the sky was cloudy but shrugged it off. 

"That's me." He opened the car for me and the interior was to die for. "Are you serious?" He didn't say anything, his face was stone. Okay... I thought to myself befor climbing in. The interior was white leather seats, gold lining on the doors and the thing that blocks me from seeing the front. I was in here alone and only then did I become more cautious.

I wondered if this was a prank, or if I was being kidnapped. 

My thoughts were running a muck, I almost didn't notice the car stopping. I hesitantly got out, standing in front of a nice restaurant that was way out of league for my pockets...

"Why are we here?" Again he said nothing, irking me further.

"So talking isn't your thing, got it." I muttered while walking away. 

As I enter the restaurant, a quiet gasp left my lips. This place was sumptuous. Red carpeting ran throughtout the establishment providing a nice contrast to the furniture, varying from different whites and gray. Gold chandeliers hung from the ceiling, producing the warmest of whites. 

"Ms. Jones, your table is right this way." A brunette, probably about my height, broke me from my thoughts and gawking. I followed her through the establishment, up the stairs to a secluded area. It wasn't as occupied as the first floor, and I wasn't sure of it was a good thing or not.