| 3 |

It was a late night and I was sitting outside, stargazing. In the distance I heard some talking which I chose to ignore, but as it got closer, I couldn't ignore the voices.

"We will need time to think about this."

"But we appreciate your honesty Hayden."

"Thank you." I looked over and saw the McCoy's hug him goodbye. I watched as they walked to their car and Hayden walked towards me with a dejected expression. 

I really wanted to know how his day went but I didn't want to make hime uncomfortable. So I remained silent, until he walked closer to the steps.

"Hey." I said almost quietly.

"Hey Rosie." I cleared my throat, while looking down, fidgeting with my hands.

"So how was your day?" He sighed.

"It was great, until I told them the truth about me.. they asked questions like when did I start feeling this way and if I ever had a girlfriend or boyfriend, you know, the simple stuff. Then the ride home was silent and they told me they'll need some time to think it over." I reached out my arms for a hug, which he gladly accepted. "I really hope they like me." He sat in between my legs, gazing at the sky with me.

"Of course they do. And if they don't then it's their loss. You're an amazing person Hayden and anyone would be lucky to have you." He nodded his head as we sat in silence.

☁︎︎

A week had passed. Hayden didn't hear anything about the family and I'm really starting to feel bad for him. This will be the fourth family to reject him, and I just know he'll be heart broken. Since it was the weekend, I had a plan to convince them. All I had to do was get their address but I didn't want to ask Hayden.

"Hey Joey!" I beamed while walking into the playpen.

"Hey Rosie!!!" Ten different kids yelled. I waved at all of them whilst Joey ran to me.

"Yes Rosie?"

"I need your help." I muttered so only he could hear.

"Anything." He gave me his best smile grin with one tooth at the top missing. I brought him to my room upstairs which is actually the ages 13-17 girls dorm room. I pulled out a palette of makeup. "Where did you get that from?"

"I borrowed it from a girl at school." I winked while grabbing his arms.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm giving you a bruise." He nodded his head as I continued. It's funny how many things kids will agree to, even if they don't fully understand. About ten minutes later I was finished.

"Wow, it looks sooo real!" He said in a cheery voice. 

"I know, come on." I dragged him downstairs to the dining hall. "Okay, I'm going to get Mrs. Beesley, when you hear me say 'what's for dinner?' You run out like you got burned, okay?"

"Okay." Before I could say anything else, he took off into the kitchen. Kids... I left the dining hall to find Mrs. Beesley on the phone. Just as I walked up to her, she hung up.

"Rosie, just the girl I wanted to see."

"Really?" I furrowed my brows.

"It's a miracle but someone wants to adopt you?" Ouch... "I didn't mean it in that way," she says, noticing my facial expression. "They're aware of your situation and want to adopt you."

"May I ask who it is?"

"They'll be here in a couple of days so you'll have an opportunity to meet them." She answers. "I'm going to go draw up the paperwork right now."