| 37 |

Aurelio

I look out the window in deep thought, thinking about everything that has lead up to now. Aria came to sit in front of me, following my gaze.

"What's on your mind?"

"It's a lot of people on my plane." She chuckles.

"Think about it this way, we're all here for the same thing. Granted a couple are involuntary but it doesn't change the fact." She tried to cheer me up. Honestly the only thing that can make me happy is Rose in my arms again.

"When did you figure it out?" I looked at her. "That it was Ariel.."

"To be honest it was kind of hard. She's changed a lot, you both did. But I know when you're not yourself. I think her killing George put it all together."

"Do you think she'll stay?" She looked to the side of me and I followed her gaze, seeing her sleep peacefully with her head against the window.

"I hope so."

"We can't lose her again. She's been through so much and whether she'd like to admit it or not, she needs us Leo."

"Yeah, I hear you." I sigh, rubbing my face in frustration. There's so much going on, it's amazing how well I'm keeping it together.. minus the two men I put in the hospital.

"Aria, do you mind if I have a word with Aurelio?" She furrows her brows at Roscoe before looking back at me. I nod, telling her it's okay and she stands.

"Sure." She walks behind me, to where Carmen was as Roscoe occupies the seat.

"It's this the "hurt my daughter, I'll kill you speech?" He chuckles, sitting back in the seat.

"No.. no. I think that's long over due. I wanted to kill you for what you did to her.. Ariel explained to me how you like to push your feelings away. Since her death, you felt like you didn't deserve love. Once you realize something was happening between you and Rose, violence became your scapegoat; hoping she would hate you."

"She does have a gift on reading people." I looked to her once more.

"I just think you were being a controlling dick."

"So why didn't you do anything? If roles were reversed, I would of killed you on the spot." I responded bluntly.

"There were a lot of things at risk. And believe me, there have been numerous accusations where I wanted to put a bullet through your head. Ariel insisted that I remain patient and well, Rose has smile more in the past six months than she have smiled in her entire life. She's happy." Roscoe confessed.

"You said you fled with Rose.. how could you just give her up?"

"You say it like it's easy," He snarls before continuing, "it was a hard decision that I had to think long and hard about. I just wanted what was best for her. She couldn't get that as long as I was in her life. Her life would be in constant danger and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything had happened to her.. I guess I didn't really account her grandmother dying so soon or her falling in love with someone like me." I nod my head, chewing on the words he just spoke.

"What I did.. it'll always be in the back of my mind. It'll always be something that I'll regret for the rest of my life. I was being a controlling dick as you put it and she didn't deserve that. I guess I knew I didn't deserve her and her interest in others send me over the edge. I still don't deserve her. I apologize."

"My mother always told me, a man that feels regret is capable of feelings and a man capable of feelings is worthy of forgiveness. You remind me of myself when I was younger. No matter what happens, today or tomorrow, at least I know she has you. I'll find peace in that."