| 36 |

The next morning when I woke up, I crawled out of bed and locked myself in the bathroom. I step in the shower and began to scrub my skin. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the feel of him off me. I been through a lot of shit, but nothing feels worse and disgusting as this.

My body slid against the shower wall and I cried. I felt like it was nothing else I could do. In that moment, I felt helpless. I'm in another country, no money, no phone, and my necklace is gone.

Aurelio probably rushed to the building once he found out I was missing, only to find Maria. I wonder what's going through his mind right now. How is he dealing with it?

There was a knock on the bathroom door, but I didn't bother to get up. Instead, I continued to let the water washed over me.

I have to remain strong.

I have to. I know that'll make it out of this, I know that he'll come for me. After sulking for another twenty minutes, I got out, wrapping myself with a towel. Suddenly chills wash over me as I pause at the door.

What if that's Joseth... I have no clothes.

He surely wouldn't knock would he?

"Who is it?" I ask, masking my fear.

"Mani." The voice softly responded. I nodded to myself before cracking the door. "I have some clothes for you. Don't worry, they're comfortable." I opened the door all the way, thanking her for the clothes.

It was an oversized t-shirt and joggers with tags on them. I exited the bathroom, seeing she was still in the room. I wrapped my hair with the towel so my shirt didn't get too wet.

"I didn't know your size so I just brought that and something else." She handed me a little familiar pack of pills. I haven't taken these since I started taking the antibiotics for my wound.

"Birth control?" I raised my brow.

"I know what happen last night, everyone does. He practically boasted about it to companions this morning. When you're a woman in this house, your body doesn't belong to you. At least this way you can protect yourself against pregnancy. My sister and I have been using it since we got here last year." She explained.

"Last year.. but she's only fifteen, that's horrible—

"Like I said, they do not care." She cut me off. I bit my lip as my heart ached for the little girl. "Joseth, these guards, his friends, they see us as a piece of ass. We aren't the only ones, there's a lot more girls. Some are stuck in their rooms, only to come out when told. You, however, are different. You can go wherever you please in the house, I guess he knows you can't really go anywhere.."

"Why me?"

"You don't know?"

"What?"

"He's a Jones, you're a Jones, you're apart of the family. I don't exactly know how though, it's just what I hear." As if I didn't already feel disgusting.. I was raped by a family member. "Anyways, I just wanted to give you that. Be careful, if Joseth finds out he'll lose his shit. My sister and I have fooled them into thinking we can't get pregnant. God forbids what will happen if he finds out."

"My fiancé is coming for me, you can come with us, you and your sister. You'll be free."

"As long as Joseth breathes, you'll never be free, so I hope your plan is better than how you're trying to sell it." She gives me a small smile before leaving me alone in my thoughts. I blew a deep breath, flopping on the bed. Aurelio where are you..

Aurelio

"This must be how Katie felt."

"I could never sit through that whole movie. Aria loves it."