| 6 |

When I arrived back at the group home, I saw the same familiar black car with Gary standing on the side of it. As I was walking up the sidewalk, the back window rolled down, revealing Aurelio.

"I'll be waiting here, make sure you get everything, you won't be here again. Please don't keep me waiting long." Before I could respond, the window was back up.

Alrighty then.. Instead of the smart remark that was threatening to come out of my mouth, I turned to enter the building. I packed everything which didn't take long, considering I don't really own a lot to begin with. 

As I made my way downstairs, a bunch of the kids swarmed me, saying their goodbyes. Some with smiles and others with somber faces. The hardest one for me was Joey. It seemed like not that long ago, I found him at the park where his mother left him, barely nourished.

I'm going to miss him a lot but I made it known that I wouldn't forget him. Hopefully I'll come back to see him. "I'm going to miss you Rosie." He sniffles.

"Same here bud." My heart clenched inside of my chest at the fallen tears. "Make sure you wake up early and catch all your meals. Love you." 

"Love you too Rosie." With one last embrace, and a few more goodbyes to the other children, I headed towards the door with my bag.

"I hope you're happy in this home and in life Rosie." Mrs. B said, standing by the door in her signature floral dress. 

"Thank you Ms. B." I hugged her gently. 

As I approached the car, Gary opened the back door, taking my bag before I climbed in the back seat.

He closes the door and soon after I hear the trunk slam shut. Aurelio seemed to be occupied on his phone so I gazed out the window as the car started to move. I almost forgot how nice this part of the city looked.

About thirty minutes later, we arrived at this crazily expensive looking hotel. Gary opens the car door, and I step out first, my jaw on the floor. 

"You live here!?" I asked, shocked. Although now it would only make sense, I mean look at him. Everything he has on, is expensive.

"Yes." Was all he said, entering the building.

Whatever was on his phone surely kept him occupied but he didn't miss a step. I should have got one at the mall. Maybe I'll ask on graduation day as a present or something. Once we were all in the spacious elevator, Gary pressed the number 32, which I'm guessing is the top floor.

I have never been on an elevator before, but I will definitely be giving this hotel an elevator music playlist, sheesh.

The two metal doors slide open into a living room area— a damn living room— twice the size of the room I shared with 13 other girls! I bet this room costs serious money. It was very modern, but from the material you could tell it was expensive as hell and was very hard to clean if I tainted it.

White leather couches and chairs. Glass tables. A huge tv mounted above the fireplace. Little gold decors here and there. White marbles floors.. The room looked like it came straight out of a furniture store.

The sound of the elevator brought me back down to earth. Soon a woman emerged from the left, smiling widely at me. "Hi! You must be kitten!" I inwardly cringed, but she didn't seem to notice.

"Rose." I smiled politely, holding my hand out to shake hers. "Are you Mrs. Martinez?" Although he gave off the vibe that he wasn't married, I still had to check.

"God no." She laughs hysterically but I'm not really catching the joke. "I'm Maria, head chef."

I couldn't deny the fact that she was gorgeous, late twenties maybe.