| 38 |

I've been sitting at this table for over an hour, listening to them speak to each other in their native language. I feel uneasy with the way that guy keeps staring at me, and their conversation last week is still fresh in my mind. I don't put anything past Joseth anymore. All I can think about is this man having sex with me.

As soon as we arrived to the house I had time to talk with Mani. I told her about my plan and though she was a bit skeptical, she decided to trust me anyways. As she seduced one of the men, I went to the room to straighten my hair as quickly as I could.

"Itak, Lev, skol'ko my gotovy zaplatit' za to, chtoby moya devochka stala tvoim surrogatom." (So Lev, how much are we willing to pay to have my baby girl be your surrogate.) Joseth spoke as he took a sip from his wine.

"Kakoy u tebya minimum." (What's your minimum?)

"Hmm, skazhem sto shtuk." (Hmm, let's say a hundred pieces.)

"Ya udvoyu eto." (I'll double it.)

"Eto to, o chem ya govoryu!" (That's what I'm talking about!) They both reached across the table, laughing and shaking hands as if they just closed a deal. "Chto zanimayet tak mnogo vremeni!?" (WHATS TAKING SO LONG!?)

"Mne nuzhna pomoshch', chtoby vytashchit' eto, khozyain." (I need help to get this out, master.) Mani mumbled as she emerged from the kitchen.

"Govori, shlyukha!" (Speak up whore!)

"I said I need help Master."

"I could help her." I spoke up.

"Speak when you're spoken too." Joseth snapped at me before turning back to Mani. "You need help? You are the help! I pay you to cook, clean, and lay on your fucking back and you can't even do that!" He ranted angrily at her. Something was off tonight.. and I don't know exactly what it was.

"Where's the little whore!?"

"She's with Conner sir." One of the men standing near the table spoke. Joseth looked between the both of us before rolling his eyes.

"Go." He shoo'd me away. I got up with caution, trying not to seem too ecstatic. Honestly I didn't think he would let me help her.

"Did you get it?" I asked as soon as I entered the kitchen.

"Yes. These men be so focused on their pleasure and nothing else." She handed me the phone and I scurried to the pantry. I called Aurelio's number, hoping it would work in this country.

"Come on.. come on—

"Hello?"

"Aurelio!?" I nearly screamed as tears burned my eyes. I missed the sound of his voice.

"Rose!? Do you know where you are!? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay for now. I've missed you so much Aurelio, please come get me."

"I'm trying to get you out of there as safely as possible baby." I sniffed before dropping my head.

"Okay.."

"Where are you right now?" I swallowed thickly, wiping my cheeks.

"I'm in a pantry at his house."

"Whose all there, did you see how many people is outside?"

"Um it's about four cars outside the gate, two men in each. It's four men guarding the gate. Two at the door. I'm not sure how many are in the house... There's girls here held against there will and a little boy—

"A little boy?" He cut me off.

"Um yeah, Nathan.. he looks no more than four years old." I jumped as I heard yelling coming from the dining room.. I know he must have heard it too.