| 7 |

This is it. This is the moment I've both anticipated and dread. 

Graduation day. 

I took a deep breath as my row stood up, making our way towards the stage.

"Christopher Thomas-Jackson.... Janice Amelia Jackson.... Daniel Jeffers.... Brielle Tamera Jenkins.... Jala Lee Jenson.... Preston Jidd...." 

Okay, deep breath. 

"Wendy Nicole Johnson...." 

Don't fall!

"Rose Marie Jones...." I put on the biggest smile I could muster before making my way across the stage, praying that I wouldn't fall flat on my face.

I shook hands with my counselor, vice principal, principal, and superintendent, before taking my diploma and walking off stage. Thank you God, I didn't fall. But unfortunately I spoke a little too soon.

My ankle wavered but Ryan caught my arm before I fell, thankfully.

"You got it?" He chuckles a bit.

"Yeah, thank you." I smiled, taking a few more steps to our row, sitting down. My heart was beating fast, expected as from nearly bussing my ass, but being caught by Ryan. He's one of those quiet cute guys you'll go throughout school not saying anything to, because you're too nervous.

It's not that I really had a crush on him, but he is beautiful. I unconsciously started to play with my locket trying to calm my nerves down.

☁︎︎

"Congratulations Rosie!" Hayden exclaimed while hugging me.

"Thank you so much! I'm so glad you came." I smiled while pulling away.

"Yeah, and I didn't come by myself." I looked past him, seeing Mr. and Mrs. McCoy.

"Congratulations Rose."

"Thank you Mr. McCoy." I thanked him.

"Please, call me Victor." I nodded.

"We would love to take you out for dinner." Mrs. McCoy spoke up.

"That's not necessary." I politely declined.

"Nonsense. If it wasn't for you, we would have missed out on adopting an amazing, smart young man. Please accept." Victor responded. Well how could I say no to that...

"In that case, I would love to!" Their faces lit up as we started to walk towards the parking lot. Hayden hooked his arms with mine as we joked around. It was nice to be out with him again. We've spent practically everyday together for two consecutive years, knowing him for seven and yet being apart for a few days was torturous.

As we got closer to the car I heard my name being called, by a voice I didn't recognize. I started to look around and my eyes landed on Gary. That's why, because the man doesn't talk.

"I'll be right back." I informed them before walking over to the car. "Yes?" I asked. He didn't say anything, he only opened the car door. I peeked inside and didn't see Aurelio, which made me feel some type of way.

I mean I know what I signed up for, but I only graduate once and he didn't come. I wasn't really expecting a lot of people to begin with, but the least he could have done was show up. 

"He didn't come?" I asked. Still nothing... I nodded while taking off my blue gown and blue cap, placing it in the seat, along with my diploma. "I'll be home later."

"Miss, I wouldn't advise that."

"Oh now you can talk." I sassed while walking away.

"You will be in deep trouble-