𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝗼𝐧

"Mr. Schuester, i have an announcement." Rachel stood up. "I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at sectionals."

"Me first. Two things. First, our competition at sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. Now, if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't: dance. Which is why i've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance." Mr. Shue said and i clapped smiling at Mike and Tina.

"Wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while i sing my solo?" Rachel asked and Mr. Schuester looked down at her. "You're not getting a solo for this competition, Rachel."

"Finally. So what song do i get to sing?" Mercedes smiled.

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competitions would take the lead."

Ken and Barbie?! Wait, a-are you trying to throw this?" Rachel said outraged and Quinn rolled her eyes. "You used to be just sort of unlikable, but now i pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth-" Quinn insulted Rachel and Mr Schuester interrupted her. "Okay, listen. I have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly, i haven't walked the walk. I mean, we have got a lot of talent here, and i'm gonna highlight it."

"Look, i'm all for pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's just for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game." Finn stated and i rolled my eyes.

"Easy to say when you're the star quarterback." Tina crossed her arms and Finn shook his head. "This isn't about me, this is about the team."

"That didn't even sound believable." I said and Santana nodded. "Yep. You are such a hypocrite."

"Like you even know what that means." Rachel rolled her eyes.

"It means that your boyfriends full of crap, hobbit." Santana blurted out and Rachel stood up. "You know what? Ever since the wedding, you've been up my butt and i'm sick of it."

"Come on, Rachel. She's not worth it." Finn attempted to calm her down.

"Oh, really? Cause that's not what you thought last year in that motel room." Santana looked at Finn then at Rachel. "That's right, Yentl. Your sweetheart, he's been lying to you. Cause he and I totally got it on last year."

"Okay, enough already!" Mr Schuester yelled loudly. "No more conversations about this, or- or anything. This is our plan for sectionals and that is that."

The rest of class was uncomfortable. No one had any side conversations and everything was quiet except for Mr Schue demanding things and the sound of Brittany and Mikes shoes tapping. The silence was alright though. It gave me time to think. Think about school, my mom, and how living with Finn and Kurt will be.

After class i walked into Mr. Schuester's office. He looked up at me stressfully and forced a smile. "Is there a problem, Ms. Monet?"

"I- uh, i'm thinking of dropping out for sectionals." I said nervously and he furrowed his brows. "What? Wait, take a seat." He said and i sat down in front of him. "Well, my mom was really excited to go. She used to talk about it all the time and i- i don't think i can perform without thinking about her. I would perform, i swear but i don't think i'm strong enough to sway in the background and pretend everything's alright."

"No, no, no, this is alright. We'll try to find you a replacement." He said with sympathy and i stood up. "Thank you for understanding. I- i hope you guys have fun."

"Wait- you're not coming?"

"I'm sorry? I just figured you'd give my ticket to my replacement."