𝐝𝐮𝐞𝐭𝐬

I walked into the school. Last night i didn't sleep at all, i was too busy studying and procrastinating. I felt like falling into the floor because of how tired i was. Jacob got in my face with a microphone. "So...gossip is that sparks might of flew between you and Puckerman. Is that true?"

I looked over at him tiredly. "What are you even talking about?" I pushed him into the lockers with one hand.

"She's not answering the question." I heard him say as i walked into the choir room.

"Bad news guys, Puckermans in juvie." Mr. Shue said and i rolled my eyes. "About time." I sat next to Quinn. "What did he do?"

"He drove to the front of a convenience store, and drove off with the ATM." Mr Shue said and we laughed.

"When is he getting out?" Rachel asked.

"Unknown."

"Maybe the dumbest person on the planet and that's coming from me." Brittany said and i laughed.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy."

"For a guy who put his needs before the teams? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence." Finn said.

"We can't look at this as a crisis. It's an opportunity."

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asked.

"For welcoming our new member...Sam Evans!" He said and  a blond boy came in. I looked at him and smiled, it was the guy that helped me up.

"Hey everybody, i'm Sam. Sam...I am. And i don't like green eggs and ham." He said and i looked over at Quinn who was smiling. She looked at me and snapped out of it. "You can't tell me he's not cute." She said as Finn said something.

"Not really." I scrunched my face and she laughed. "Popular and cute. What more could you want."

"What if he's an asshole?" I asked and she shrugged. "Who cares?"

To be honest, the thought of Quinn and Sam together makes no sense. Or maybe i'm just being jealous. I don't wanna loose my best friend to a boy with Justin Bieber hair.

"And that is what duets are all about." Mr Schue finished. "So, this week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And since you guys all seemed to love our little "Defying Gravity" Diva off, I'm making this a competition."

"What does the winner get?" Mike asked.

"Dinner for two, on me, at Breadsticks."

We all gasped and Quinn grabbed my hand. "I have to win. Have you ever been to Breadsticks? It's amazing." I smiled at her excitement.

the next day.

I walked up to Quinn who was at her locker. "Hey." She smiled.

"Hey, um, i was just wondering...do you have a duet partner?" I asked and she looked down.

"Sorry, Y/n...but i'm singing with Sam. I'm sure Kurts free." She closed her locker. "Sorry." She repeated and i watched her leave.

time skip.

"Okay, what do you wanna sing?" Kurt asked me.

I was over at his house to practice. "I don't know." I looked down. This would've been ten times funner with Quinn.

He looked at me up and down. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, let's just get this thing over with." I sighed and Kurt sat in front of me. "I get it l." He shrugged. "I wanted to sing with Sam. I'm guessing i wasn't your first choice." Kurt smiled and i shrugged.

"I just thought it would be me and her this school year." I brushed my hands through my hair. "I guess i was wrong."

"It's fine. We'll get that trip to breadsticks. We don't need them." Kurt smiled and i laughed. "Fuck them, both."

"There's the spirit!" He made eye i contact with me. "It's good to see you smile."

the next day.

I smiled and clapped. "That was beyond awesome."

"Thanks." Tina smiled.

"Who's next?" Mr Shue asked and me and Kurt stood up. "It won't be much compared to that." I looked over at Tina and Mike who smiled. "But we'll go." I smiled and we walked to the front of the class.

"Smile though your heart is aching" I sung and looked over at Kurt.

"Smile even though it's breaking"  He smiled at me.

"When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by"

"If you smile, through your fear and sorrow"

"Smile and maybe tomorrow, you'll see the sun come shining through for you"

Light up your face with gladness, hide every trace of sadness"

"Althought a tear may be ever so near, that's the time

"You must keep on trying, smile, what's the use of crying"

"You'll find that life is still worth while"

"If you just smile" We sang together and everyone clapped.

"That was beautiful." Sam whipped a tear off his face and I laughed.

the next day.

time skip

Mr Shue clapped his hands together. "Okay, even if Artie and Brittany have dropped out of the competition."

"We could've done that?" I rolled my eyes.

"It's time to put the votes in."

I grabbed paper and wrote 'tina and mike. screw everyone else.'

Everyone put their paper in a hat and Mr Shue counted.

"By two votes....the winner is....Sam and Quinn!"

"What?" "Screw that!" "Unbelievable." Everyone groaned and i rolled my eyes.

sorry i haven't updated in some time. but, uh....here's this <3