𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝗼𝐧𝐭𝐫𝗼𝐥

I was on my bed half asleep when I heard someone barge in. I looked over to see Carol standing there upset. "Y/n, your teacher just called me and asked me when we'll come back from our trip to Miami." Carol said and I didn't answer. I didn't really have the energy to defend myself with excuses.

"Y/n, why haven't you gone to school and why did you tell your teachers this?" She asked loudly and I put my blanket over my face. "I'm sick."

"You've been sick for two weeks and you didn't tell me?"

"I'm sorry." I whispered and I heard Carol stomp her foot. "Y/n, I want an explanation for this."

I didn't answer and she smacked her lips. "Fine. You're grounded for two weeks. If you so dare miss another week i'll make it three. Do you hear me?"

"Yes."

"Look at me when I speak to you." Carol demand and I sat up. "No more cutting school. Understood?"

"Yes." I looked down and she nodded. "So get ready. I'll make sure to drive you." She walked out and I groaned. I don't know why I felt like crying. I hated the feeling though. I stood up and looked in my mirror.

After getting ready, I went outside where Carol was waiting for me.

"What's going on with you?" She looked at me concerned and I sighed. "Santana's a Broadway Understudy and she didn't even tell me."

"I see. Why didn't you ask her about it?" She started driving.

"She doesn't want to hear about me. I ruined her life, Carol." I looked over at her. "Even if she wanted to hear from me, I don't think i'll be able to be with her. I don't want to hurt her any more than I already have."

"You love her?" Carol asked and I nodded. "Of course I do."

"Than work on yourself. Make sure you are one hundred percent ready for this. Me and Burt have been talking and we don't think another summer of rehab will be so bad."

"No. I'll work on it." I answered and she nodded. "Okay, now, i want to see signed proof about your AA meetings every single time you go."

"Sounds fine." I nodded and she looked over at me sympathetically. "It's going to be hard. You know that?"

"Yeah. I know."

Carol stopped the car and smiled. "I believe in you. You just need to take control."

"I will take control." I smiled and laughed. "Thanks, Carol." I opened the car door getting out. I shut the door waving goodbye and walked into school.

I went to my locker where Sam approached me. "Hey, um, i'm not sure if things are weird between us-"

"They're not." I smiled shutting my locker. "Me going away has nothing to do with you."

"Okay, good." He laughed in relief. "I thought I scared you."

"You didn't."

"Okay, but....you don't like me?" He asked and I shook my head. "No. But you're a great guy, Sam. I'm sure there's many girls just dying for you to notice them."

"Okay, i'm sorry about kissing you by the way." He said and I laughed. "Don't worry about it. I'm actually flattered."

"You know, I can convince Mr Shue to let you back in Glee club." Sam smiled and I shook my head. "I know what to do." I began walking down the hall as Sam fallowed me. "Where are you going?"

"Glee club starts right about now. I know what i'm doing." I walked into the choir room.

"Y/n, I thought I kicked you out." Mr Schuester said as I sat down at a chair and crossed my arms. "Mr Shue, this is my senior year so I prefer that we don't have this argument because if we do, i'm afraid I might say some very true disturbing things about you. And I won't even mention the fact that you made your student your best man at your wedding. I'm sorry but i'm staying right here. Kick me out if you want but i'm not leaving. I've sacrificed too much of my time to be kicked out by a dollar store Justin Timberlake."

"I-" He paused and turned to the board. "Fine."

I smiled and turned to Unique who praised me. "Say it, girl."

"Oh, and one more thing. I demand a solo for Nationals." I said and Mr Schuester looked over at me confused. "What?"

"Yeah, what?!" Tina along with Blaine yelled and I shrugged. "I'm done pretending that I don't have a good voice. I can sing circles around Blaine and that's just when i'm not trying. Plus, it's my senior year and i'm done waiting. I'm getting a solo now."

"She can't do this." Kitty said and I turned to her. "Actually, short Barbie, I can and I will. I've put up with this crap since freshman year and i'm done with it."

"Y/n, are you sure you're up for that?" Mr Schuester asked. "You missed the last competition. How do you know you won't miss this one?"

"Because I won't. Plus, i missed the competition because of personal issues. I don't know about you, but I think the judges wouldn't want to see a sad performer."

"You know what? Fine. It's your senior year. I guess Y/n's getting a solo." Mr Schuester said and everyone began clapping.