𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝗼𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬

I was laying on a table closing my eyes as everyone yelled and fought. I heard Mr Schuester come in and attempt to calm everyone down.

"Can everybody shut up?!" I yelled still closing my eyes.

"He's studying for geography while we're trying to rehearse! It's bogus!" Sam screamed.

"Cause I already know the dance! You dance like your feet for caught in bear traps! You're trying to gnaw them off!" Puck yelled and I sat up. I rubbed my eyes and focused them on Sam fighting with Puck.

"Popcorn?" Artie looked up at me and I shrugged. "Sure."

"Mr Shue, are you aware that while we're arguing about jazz squares, Unique is being handed the key to the city by Rahm Emanuel?" Kurt asked scrolling through his phone.

"And plus my blanket and my pillow fell in the pool. Disaster." Brittany said looking out the window.

"Look, I just think everybody is just a little tired." Artie made his way to the center of the room. "We've been rehearsing for three straight hours. I mean, i'm pretty sure Y/n fell asleep while rehearsing. She was sleep dancing."

"We'll rehearse all night if we have to. We can rest after we've won!" Finn yelled and Rachel walked up to the middle of the practice room. "Just because we've lost Mercedes doesn't mean we can't be anything less than perfect. Perfect!"

"I miss Mercedes!" Sugar yelled and the room turned to chaos. "That's easy for you to say!" Artie rolled his eyes and the boys began fighting again.

"Hey!" Santana clapped and everyone quiet downed. "I don't want to hear any of this, 'We can't do it without her' because guess what? We don't have a choice. So be warned: if you are not giving this everything you've got, I will go Lima Heights on your sorry asses."

"Tell 'em." I waved my hand in the air as Santana sat by me.

"Listen to yourselves." Mr Shue shook his head.

"I know. I'm sorry. I always go to the yelling place. I have rage." Santana said and I rubbed circles with my hand on her back. "It's okay."

"Thank you." She nodded looking at me.

"No, no, it's a good thing. It's a great thing. There is so much passion in this room. Even all you're arguing, it's about the work. You guys really want this." Mr Schuester nodded. "So let's take a half hour break, and we'll take it from the top."

"Mr Shue, is it okay if we keep going? We got the first slot, which is, like, the death slot. We have to be amazing." Tina said and Quinn agreed. "Yeah, 'Edge of Glory''s a bitch. I said i'd be dancing by nationals. I'll be damned if I don't."

"Okay, then let's keep going." Mr Shoe clapped. "Mike help the guys out with the choreography. Artie, help Puck with his geography. Ladies 'Edge of Glory' come on!"

TIME SKIP.

"I think we're actually gonna win this." Santana said as she did my makeup. "Really?" I asked and she nodded. "Yeah, i mean, I think this is the first time we've come to a competition prepared." She nodded and I laughed. "Win or lose, do you think they'll still throw slush at us?"

"Yeah." Santana laughed. "I'm sorry I use to do that crap to you." She looked down and I smiled. "Don't worry about all that. I forgive you."

She looked up and smiled. "How did I get so lucky?" She asked and I shrugged. "We'll never know."

"All right, get together everyone!" Mr Schuester came in and we all formed a circle in the center of the room. "I just want to say a few words before we go out there."