𝗼𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝗼𝐧𝐠𝐬

I chugged Vodka down my throat as i heard crying coming from the other room. I hid the bottle back in its box and I walked over to Kurts room annoyed. "What is it now? Blaine singing at another closeted twenty year old, gay Gap employee?"

"It's Pavorati. He's dead." His voice broke and i straightened out. "Oh, i'm- i'm sorry. Who's Pavorati?"

"The Warbles bird mascot thing. I suspect a stroke."

"Shame." I shook my head. "Anyway, i'm going to school. Sorry about your dead bird friend."

LATER THAT DAY.

I sat down with a bag of skittles as Mr Shue came in. "Guys, I've got some bad news." He said. "You know how we decided on 'sing by my chemical romance' for Regionals? Well, i hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band. We can't do it."

Puckermen scoffed. "It was the perfect anthem."

"How much do you want to bet Coach Sylvester has something to do with this?" Mercedes rolled her eyes and Mr Shue nodded. "One step ahead of you."

"What are we gonna do now?" I ate some skittles and Rachel smiled. "I think we should write original songs for Regionals."

"All those in favor of voting Rachel down a second time?" Santana and the class raised their hands but i didn't. "Know what, Santana? Maybe you should learn to give people chances. I'm with Rachel."

"You're only with her because you're mad at me, the idea sucks." She put her hand down.

"Okay, well, i think Rachel's right." Quinn said. "This team works best when we push ourselves and do something a little different."

"That's true, but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs we're not going to be so good." Mercedes argued.

"You're right. We're not going to be as good. We're gonna be better. We won't be using other peoples words or music. It'll be our own. Our own heart, soul, not just our voices. We have a really talented songwriter in our midst. Rachel." She smiled and Rachel turned to her. "I was thinking maybe you and I could write a song together.

"Did you just-" I looked at Quinn confused. "You just agreed with-"

"I'm with Quinn and Rachel. I mean if these two can agree on something, it's probably an idea worth considering." Finn said and Santana stuttered. "W-wait, so suddenly, you two are writing the music for Regionals? No way. I think everyone should get a chance to write a song."

"Santana's right. We can do this." Sam agreed and Mercedes smiled. "What do you think Mister Shoe?"

"I think we're doing original songs for Regionals."

TIME SKIP.

"All right, guys, let's hear it for our first writing seminar." Mr Schuester walked into the room with a stack of rhyming books.

He passed them out. "While Quinn and Rachel are hard at work, we're gonna try to write an anthem of our own. Now, these are rhyming dictionaries for all of you. Remember, sing about something true to you."

"Mr. Shue?" Santana raised her hand. "Tina and I have been already working on a song that i wrote.

"Really? That's amazing. Can we hear it?" He asked and she nodded walking to the front of the room.

"This is a song that I wrote for Sam." She looked at me and back at the class. "It's called Trouty Mouth."

"Okay, Can we stop?" Sam interrupted the music. "Stop. Stop with the mouth jokes."

"Sit down. I'm not finished yet." Santana looked at him angrily.

"Yes you are! Mr. Shue, we can't do a song at Regionals called Trouty mouth."

"I have to agree with Sam on this one." Mr Schuester stood up. "But such a good first effort. I just don't think it's got the epic feel we need for Regionals."

"You know, i really liked that." I nodded. "Though i do have a small problem." I said and Santana rolled her eyes. "What now?"

"The part where you said 'i love sucking on those Salamander lips'...I- I thought we were supposed to sing something true. That didn't sound all that true to me."

"Shut up." Santana crossed her arms.

"Why don't you come over here and make me?"

"You know what? I will." She walked up to me and I stood up but Sam quickly held her back. "Enough!" Mr Schuester yelled and i sat back down.

"Both of you. We're supposed to be getting ready for sectionals." He said and Santana sat down staring at me harshly.

"Mr. Shue? I wrote a song too." Puck raised his hand. "I wrote it for Lauren. I know that when I sang 'Fat Bottomed Girls' it might've hurt your feelings, but i think this makes up for it."

"Show us what you got." Mr Schuester nodded.

Puck walked to the front of the class with his guitar. "It's called 'Big Ass....Heart."

Before my next class i decided to use the bathroom.

I walked out of the stall and began washing my hands. The door opened and i looked up to see Santanas face.

"You made a real scene in Glee Club, huh?" She walked up to me and i dried my hands. "Not as much as you did with that song."

"It was a song for my boyfriend, Moni. You want to be my girlfriend but you don't have the guts to admit it."

I took a deep breath and turned to Santana. "I don't care about that stupid song. And I'm not scared to admit anything because there's nothing to admit. Don't you get that, Santana? I like making out with you but i'm no ones girlfriend. Especially not yours." I walked out of the bathroom feeling bad about what i said. But i was just as confused about what i wanted as much as Santana was.

THE NEXT DAY.

After sitting through all of the performances, it was finally our turn. I was less nervous than I was at Sectionals which could either be because i've gotten used to performing or it could just be the vodka i drank earlier today. I didn't care either way. I was just happy that my hands weren't shaking with nervousness.

"And now to announce our winner, Lieutenant Governor Stevens wife, Carla Turlington Stevens!" The announcer said and a women came out.

"My husband is verbally abusive, and i have been drinking since noon." She said to the microphone and i looked at her confused.

"I bored. Let's just see who won, huh?" She opened the card. "The New Directions! You're going to Nationals in New York!"

I hugged Quinn tightly as everyone jumped up and down admiring the trophy. I patted Rachel's shoulder and she turned to me smiling. "Didn't doubt you for a second!" I yelled over the screaming and made an 'okay' sign with my hand.

"Thank you!" She hugged me which caught me by surprise.

We heard a loud thud and stopped hugging. The women who read the winner was on the floor and Sue was walking away from her body. She most likely punched her.

hope y'all enjoyed this <3