𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

"Okay guys, some news. The school isn't willing to pay for a handicap bus for Artie." Mr Schuester said.

"What? That is so unfair." I said and Mr Shue sighed. "I agree. That is why we are just gonna have to raise money. When i was in school we held a bake sale." He said.

"Mr Shue, no offense but teens are busier than when you were a teen. We have homework, football, teen pregnancys." Finn said.

"Yeah, and Bake sales are so bougie." Santana said. "It isn't that we don't want to. It's that most of us don't know how to bake. Recipes can be confusing." Brittany added.

"I'm sure Artie won't mind driving with his dad. Right, Artie?" Quinn looked at Artie and he smiled. "Y-Yeah."

I could tell he faked the smile. The bell ringed and everyone walked out. I looked at Artie who was having trouble tying his shoe. I bend down. "Here, i'll help."

"Thanks." He smiled.

Mr Schuester sighed. "I'm sorry about how insensitive your classmates are being."

I nodded. "I'm sorry too. I'll be happy to do the whole bake sale thing."

He smiled. "Thank you, guys. They just don't know what it's like." He said as i finished tying his shoe and stood up.

"Can i use the auditorium to practice?" Artie asked as he rolled away and Mr Shue nodded. "Sure."

time skip.

"I want to audition for the wicked solo." Kurt stood up. We all encouraged him.

"Kurt, there's a high F in there." Mr Shue said.

"That's well within my range."

"Well, i think Rachel's going to be fine for the female lead, but i'm happy to have you try out something else, Kurt. And we'll make sure it's got a killer high note." He said.

I shook my head as Kurt sat down. "You tried."

"Anyway, i wanted to say something to you guys. I was a little disappointed at how you were all so willing to take the bus to sectionals and make Artie drive by himself with his dad. We're a team guys. We're in this glee club together."

"Artie doesn't care. His dad drives him everywhere." Mercedes said.

"I do care. It kind of hurt my feelings." Artie said and i looked down.

"We didn't think you would take it personally." Rachel said.

"Well, you're irritating most of the time, but don't take that personally." He said.

"I don't know if you guys really understand how much harder Artie has to work just to keep up." Mr Shue said

"Preach." Artie said and i smiled.

"We're riding to sectionals together or we're not going at all. And to pay for the bus, we're having a bake sale." Mr Schuester said as a group of people came in. They rolled wheelchairs in the room. "St. Ignatius nursing home was having a tag sale, and my AV club friends here agreed to help out. For the next week, each of you is going to spend three hours a day in a wheelchair....and we're doing a wheelchair number."

I looked at the chairs in shock. "Oh my god."

later that day.

I rolled down the hall in a wheelchair. My arms where tired and my legs were asleep. They tingled and my arms felt like i've been rowing a boat for hours. Things kept hitting my face and people almost tripped over me like twelve times. I had no idea how hard Artie had it. I couldn't imagine having to deal with this the whole day. I came to a turn and bumped into another wheelchair. I looked up and saw Santana. "Watch were your rolling, babycakes." She rolled her eyes and we tried separating. They were stuck. "Move!" She yelled.

"I can't, idiot." I said trying to roll back. Finn came down the hall and laughed. "Help?" I said and he shrugged laughing. "Okay, okay." He did something with the wheels. "Okay try separating now." He said and we did.

It worked and he smiled. "It's like your wheelchairs were inseparable."

Me and Santana looked at each other weirdly. "No thanks." She went away and so did i.

the next day.

"Okay, we decided that Kurt and Rachel would try out for the lead. And the judges?...you guys. Each of you is gonna get a vote. And whoever has the most votes, gets the part." Mr. Schuester said.

"This isn't going to be about talent, Mr. Schuster. It's going to be a popularity contest."

"Stop right there Mr. Shue, if I may?" Kurt asked and rolled to the front of the class. "We all know i'm more popular than Rachel. And i dress better than her. But i want you all to promise me that you're going to vote for whoever sings the song better. Raise your right hand."

We all did.

"Your right hand, Brittany."

"Sorry."

"Repeat after me. I promise to vote for whoever sings the song better."

We all said it.

the next day.

"Rachel you got the part. And, uh, Artie, i think you should take this to principal figgans yourself." Mr Shue gave him the roll of money. Artie smiled. "Thanks guys, but i think i'm taking a ride with my dad. You made me realize that i'm not the only kid with a wheelchair. That's why this money is going to get ramps for the school. If that's alright." Artie looked at us.

"We won't have to carry your ass up everywhere." Puck said and we laughed.

"That's more than fine Artie. I smiled.

—————☆—————