Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I kept my head down the rest of the ride, pure embarrassment making my face hot. I kept my legs together, and squeezed tightly to try to slow my pulse. This bitch left me horny and frustrated. I am going to kill him. Wayne's car stopped.

I looked to the right and saw my house. The sun was coming up and school was in an hour and a half. I better get inside and check on Simon, sober him up, but Wayne stopped me.

"Are you still hungry?" he said, grabbing the bag of food and opening it up for me. I reached in and pulled out my breakfast, still not looking him in the eyes. He drank his coffee and leaned back in his seat. I shouldn't be so nervous.

I ate the food he bought for me. Wayne even ordered it for me. I hate ordering for myself; it's so awkward. I liked that he did that for me, but I hated the thought of him thinking he had to.

"Bethany?" Wayne drew my attention. He never calls me by my first name. I turned to him and met his eyes. "You've got something on your face."

As if I wasn't embarrassed already. He reached out to get it off, but I pushed his hand away. I can't let him touch me. I flipped open the sun viser and looked in the mirror. There wasn't anything there, but a big hickey was growing on my neck, a violet bruise from his lips.

I gritted my teeth and turned to him, and he wore the most smug smile. "What the hell, Anderson!" I yelled. "You bastard, I don't know how to hide this!"

"Don't. Show everyone you belong to me."

I can't believe his words. "I don't belong to you. I don't belong to anyone." I took off his sweatshirt and threw it at him. He let out a chuckle and looked me up and down. I glanced down at what he was looking at. My tanktop had slid all the way up to the bottom of my chest. I quickly pulled it down.

"My brother can't find out," I said sternly.

"He won't."

"He will. I'm just your rebound, Anderson."

His smile disappeared and he shook his head lightly, then expression changed, replaced with a playful smirk. He's messing with me now. I opened the car door, grabbed my orange juice, and slammed the door. I ran across the grass, away from him.

When I reached for the front door and it was already open. Mom must have left it unlocked again. I turned it quietly and stepped in without a peep. I tip-toed into my room and shut the door, locking it behind me.

I slid down the wall and put my head in my hands. This was not what I imagined when I thought of being with him. I did like the way he made me feel, but I never thought he would actually do the things I dreamed of him doing. I wanted him to do more to me in the car, and I still do. He probably thought of me as a casual fuck, but I dusted those thoughts away. But now I have an actual problem on my hands. I need to get rid of the hickey that is still developing on my neck.

I crawled over to my nightstand and called the only person that could help. My best friend, Anna. She answered almost immediately.

"Bethany, I saw your brother-"

"I want to hear the rest, but now is not the time," I said, my words coming out at rapid speed. "We have a code purple."

"We never had a code purple before," Anna said, confusion painted in her voice. "What does it mean?"

"I was in a situation that I could have stopped, but didn't." For some reason, I was hesitant to tell her. "You can never ask who gave it to me."

"Oh no, do you have an STD?"

"NO!" I yelled. I groaned and lowered my voice. "Do you know how to cover a hickey?"

Anna fully gasped into the phone. "You have a hickey!"