Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Wayne hasn't answered me in 4 days. No texts, no nothing. I haven't even seen him at school. His group wasn't at their usual spot either, until today.

Dominique's rambling got drowned out by me looking around in the large group of guys for him. I hope it's not obvious that I was disappointed I didn't find him.

I scrolled on Instagram and SnapChat to see if he posted on his story. He hasn't. But, I did find an adorable photo of Ruby and Dominique with their foreheads touching, smiling brightly. The caption was 'my baby'. I'm so happy for them, and not at all jealous that they found love.

I wonder what it feels like. To be in love.

I set down my phone and cleared my face of any negative emotions. Anna started to sit with the girls and me, so she is warming up to them. I could see that her attention was focused somewhere else.

"Anna," I whisper to her. "Do you have a crush on one of the boys or something?"

"Why would you think that?" She whipped her head to me. Anna got really defensive for no reason; I just asked her a question.

"Oh, I don't know," I sighed, "maybe because you keep looking over at their table."

Anna looked back at them, and I followed her gaze. "I'm just looking for someone."

"Wayne?" I told her my suspicion.

"Yeah." She smiled a little too wide and rubbed the back of her neck. She's lying.

~

After school, I went over to Harley's house. Ruby, Dominique, Harley and I were on the back porch smoking. I took a drag and passed it to Ruby.

My phone vibrated and my heart skipped a beat. I opened it immediately.

I sat back in my chair when I saw who really sent it.

Text Message

Harley Jameson: can i mention your boyf?

I tapped my foot nervously. I've got to be careful to not say his name, but I'm desperate for advice.

Me: I'll bring him up

"I've been meaning to tell you all something," I began. Everyone turned their heads to me. "I'm sort of seeing someone."

They looked at each other in confusion.

"Wait, you're dating someone?" Ruby asked, raising her eyebrows in disbelief.

"You don't have to say it like that."

"Who is it?" Dominique put forward. I started to tap my foot.

"She won't tell me," Harley sighed. I'm saying who it is for a reason, but I wanted to tell someone about him.

"It doesn't matter who it is," I raised my voice. I took a deep breath and took a drag of my vape. "He hasn't been texting me back. We were supposed to meet up last weekend, but nothing."

Dom groaned. "This is why I don't date men."

"That's not why," Ruby chuckled, downing the last of her water. She met my eyes. "Is he worth it?"

"In what way?"

"What kind of relationship do you have with him?"

I scratched the back of my neck and looked at the ground. "Just sexual."

Dominique giggled into her hand. "Damn, Bethany! Where did you find this guy?"

Well, I went into my living room, found my brother's best friend, then fucked him.

Surprisingly, not a lot of guys want just sex. They might talk about it, but they get all scared when it actually happens.

"He might be fucking with you, Beth." Harley walked up to me and put her hands on my knees. "And if your relationship is only sex, why are you so worried about him?"

Why am I so worried about him?

I tilted my head up and stared at the cream wood ceiling.

Dom shot up and gasped, startling the rest of us. "I have an idea," she beamed. "Stay here." She ran into the house clumsily, then stumbled back out, waving something around. Ruby swiped it out of her hands.

"What do you suppose we do with this?" She asked Dom.

"We will see if he's worth it."

Ruby gave me the ruler. I took it willingly and raised my brows at Dominique. She waved me on. I held it up to my hand, measuring from my middle finger to wrist.

"I don't see what this will do-"

I threw the ruler across the patio in pure shock.

"What? How long?" Everyone dogged me with these types of questions. I gulped and answered.

"8 inches."

What the fuck, Anderson?

Ruby snickered, Dom gasped and Harley slapped her hand over her mouth. Was that why it felt so big going in? I will never be able to look at Wayne the same way.

"Beth." Harley held my head in her hands, "He knows what he's doing. He knows what he has and he knows how to use it. I bet he knows how to play girls, too. You either have to drop him or play him back."

I furrowed my brows and exhaled through my nose. "How do I do that?"

"Don't text or talk to him," Ruby explained. "Not for a week. Then, out of the blue, tell him to come over. Fuck him, and make him leave."

I nodded. This seems extremely cruel. Wayne didn't really do anything wrong, not that I know of. He is being an asshole, though. So, I'll try playing him.

~

It's been 7 hours since I started "playing Wayne." I have been staring at my phone in the dark for about 30 minutes and the only notifications I got were from TikTok and Twitter. How am I supposed to ignore his texts if he doesn't send any?

I can't stop thinking about what Wayne said last Saturday. There is nothing more I want to do than wrap my hand around your throat, and see what that pretty mouth of yours can do.

I want him to take control of me. I want him to wrap his hand around my throat and make me do whatever he wants.

I am hungry for his lips, for his touch.

I want to taste him.

Fuck it.

I need to see him.

I need him.

Now.