Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Warning

*Mature Content*

"Another one?" Anna gasped. After school, she came over to my house and I avoided reminding her about the hickeys. Now, she knows it is someone at our school. But, I still needed help getting rid of them. She pulled the spoons out of the freezer with a paper towel. "You have to tell him to lay off. Wait, don't, don't say that. Give him some for a change."

I laughed lightly, took off my sweatshirt and threw it on the couch, leaving a black lace bra. I wonder what would have happened if Wayne and I did more in the bathroom. If he took off my top, how would he react?

Anna pressed the ice cold metal on both of my love marks. The one Wayne gave me before first period was bigger and darker than the first. It made me feel so hot in the moment, but after, I'm left with a bruise that could last days to weeks.

"Could you give me a hint on who he is?" Anna asked. I hate keeping things from her.

"Ask me one question, and I will answer it honestly," I told her. I wanted to give her something, I wanted to tell her everything.

"What grade is he in?" She answered immediately. Wow, she must have decided that that was the question that would narrow the options down.

I had to tell the truth. "He's a Junior."

"Older man?"

"Only by a couple months," I defended myself. Anna gave me a wide smile. Dammit.

"So his birthday is in either November or December?" She said and switched out the warming spoons for two cold ones.

"Yeah," I said in defeat. November 14th. "No more."

"My mom is gonna pick me up any second, by the way," Anna changed the subject before I had to. "She has a work thing and she wants me home before she gets back."

"Ok," I sighed. Her mom lets her do next to nothing, but I am, as she said, "a good influence," so Anna can come over if she is home by 7:30.

Anna switched out the spoons until there were none left. "That is the best I can do."

"Thank you so much," I said relieved. I walked to the bathroom to see how it looked in the mirror.

The doorbell rang. "Anna, can you get that?" I yelled from the hallway.

"Yeah," she called back.

I looked in the mirror and examined my neck. The spots were red, but the purple was a tad lighter. I can't let him do this again. Wayne marked my body as if he owned me.

Show everyone you belong to me.

I walked to the living room. "Anna who was at the-"

Wayne was leaning up against the door jam, talking with her. I heard my name mentioned. What could they be talking about? Anna is no doubt asking Wayne when his birthday is.

They turned their attention to me. I could see he was holding something behind his back. Anna pointed to her shirt then pointed to me. I looked down and my chest was pushed up by my black bra. Wayne licked his lips and clenched his jaw. So that's how he would react. I spun on my heel and grabbed my hoodie.

"Well, I'm gonna go," Anna announced. Awkward silence followed her words. I pulled my hoodie over my exposed body.

"Anna, do you really have to leave?" I asked, still not turning around. The front door closed and locked behind me.