Chapter 34

Chapter 34

A couple days later, I walked to the kitchen for a snack. Simon was standing behind the counter, and Wayne was sitting on a barstool. They didn't pay me any attention.

Well, Simon didn't.

Wayne glanced at me for a moment, gulped, then looked back to my brother. A hint of a smile danced on his lips.

"I think David's my favorite," Simon ranted. "He's super chill."

Wayne furrowed his brows. "Didn't I see you two smo-"

Simon cleared his throat, acknowledging me. "Bethany, Mom said I shouldn't-"

"You shouldn't do a lot of things." I have the slightest idea of what they were talking about. Mother's favorite child can do wrong.

"Do you see what I have to deal with?" He sighed and gestured to me.

I flipped Simon off when he turned his back to me. Wayne saw me and the side of his mouth twitched.

"Do you want to hang out tomorrow? I think some of the boys are going to," Simon hesitated, "go to that place for Saturday night happy hour."

I looked in the cupboard for any food. Simon ate most of my favorite chips. Bastard.

"No," Wayne said. "I'm doing something with my girlfriend."

I whipped around at his phrase, my eyes as big as quarters. I mouthed, "What?" To Wayne.

Girlfriend? Is he talking about me? He is. Well, he better be. But does he think we're-

"That girl you've been fucking?" I cringe at Simon's lack of knowledge. "Is she your girlfriend? Or are you still gonna use her on the side?"

The way he talks about women is sickening.

"She is my girlfriend. Don't accuse me of doing something like that." Wayne asserted himself.

I smiled at him. He's so beautiful. I grabbed the saltines and hopped up on the counter.

"You really like her?" I asked Wayne delicately.

Wayne looked me in the eyes. "Yeah, I do."

"Ha, Simp." Simon ruined the moment and clapped Wayne on the back.

"Hey, at least I have a girlfriend." He pushed Simon away.

Simon's phone started ringing. It laid face down on the counter, so I reached to flip it over.

"DON'T!" Simon yelled. When I looked to see who it was, he snatched it out of my hand.

"It's just Mom!" I raised my voice. "Chill out!"

Simon grumbled then walked into his room. Does he always have to be so overdramatic?

Wayne walked over to me, standing between my open legs. I sat up straight and took a deep breath.

"See what I have to deal with?" I mimicked Simon. Wayne snickered and put his hands on my knees.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, and she is really making me want to fuck her right now."

I sighed. "Why didn't you ask me out?"

"I thought I made myself clear on Monday." Wayne said. He rolled his shoulders back. "Alright. Bethany Freeman-"

"My full name? Are you proposing or something?"