Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Warning

*Body Insecurities*

After I hung up, the phone slipped from my hand and my tears stopped. I couldn't see straight, but tried to focus on a point on the wall.

Too many questions and insults pounded against my hollow skull, they blurred together.

"Beth?"

I looked over my shoulder and saw Wayne standing over my bed. He dropped the bag he held and put a hand on my blanket. I gave him a weak nod. He took off his shoes and crawled in next to me.

We laid side by side, staring at each other. His kind eyes and patient face made me let go. I started crying, and Wayne pulled me toward him in a warm embrace.

"It's okay, I'm here." Wayne spoke softly. I buried my face in his neck.

"No, no, no," I sobbed. I tried to speak, but it came out in stutters.

"Just breathe." Wayne pet my hair.

I shook and managed to relax enough to get a few words out. "I'm too much."

"I know, I know, baby. It seems like too much right now, but it's gonna get better, I promise."

"No. I- I'm too much."

"No you're not," Wayne denied. "What do you mean?"

"My stomach a-and my arms. Maybe my-"

"Beth, no." His tone was firm, so he calmed down. "Why would you think this?"

"She-"

I bawled at the thought of my mother. She might have thought she did nothing wrong. She probably just wanted to help me. I will never know what she was really thinking.

"Shhh. Breathe with me."

His chest rose and fell slowly. I followed the rhythm and matched it, although it took some time.

Wayne lifted my head to look into my sad eyes. "Now, tell me everything. Who said this to you?"

I settled into his arms. "I was going to go to school and my mom didn't like my outfit because it showed I was getting... bigger. She does this all the time. It's just- I couldn't take it."

"Is this why you haven't been eating?" Wayne asked hesitantly.

I nodded, feeling a rush of guilt. "I've been trying to eat, I have. It's hard for me."

"I believe you." He held my face in his hand. "I know you're trying, I've seen it. Please don't give up."

A whisper of a smile danced on my lips, but the next moment it was a frown. I studied his face to see any sign of a lie. "Do you think I'm getting um-"

"I know that you are gorgeous." Wayne rubbed a thumb up and down my damp cheekbone. "I know that you didn't deserve that. And I know that you will get through this. It won't be easy, but I will be here with you."

I stopped to take in his confession. He wants to help me. He wants to be with me. He wants me. I'm reading too much into this, I have to test my thoughts.

I gulped. "Why'd you come?"

Wayne breathed easily. "You needed me."

I leaned into him. "We've never needed each other like this."

"But I'm still here."

I gave him a short peck on the lips. He froze and looked down. I retreated and regret clogged my throat. My lip quivered.

"I'm sorry," I began, but Wayne interrupted me.

With a kiss.

It started with a light touch, then our mouths laced together. Every movement was slow and delicate.

I didn't think of the words she said to me, or the ones I said to myself. Everything was paused.

Wayne pulled me closer. I put a hand on his chest, then slid it up to the bridge of his neck.

He broke the kiss, his face not far from mine. He wiped his fingers on my cheeks, and I realized a few stray tears got away.

"You are mine."

I looked into his serious, yet soft eyes. Something's happening.

"No matter what you look like, what state you're in, or what anyone says about you, I will still want to be with you. Because you are mine."

I gasped and tried to process his words. He does want me.

"I'm yours?" My voice was shaky and eager.

Wayne grinned. "You're mine."

I realized the true meaning behind Wayne's words. I am his. Not just my body and what he does to it. All of me.

I smiled, my heart warming. "I'm yours."

I pulled him into a rich kiss. Our kisses were either lustful and hungry or soft and comforting. But this one was passionate.

Electricity sparked between us. Giggles and moans blended together. Every touch made the heat grow.

When we broke the kiss, my glassy eyes became crystal clear.

~

Thank you, my beautiful readers, for your support and kind comments! Thank you for 30K!

Quick Questions...

How did you find my book, The Release?

Who is your favorite character?

Go follow my TikTok- @imavoidingmyhomework

Until I write again,

~B