Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I woke up in Wayne's arms. His pink pillow lips rested against each other and his chest warmed my body. My fluffy blanket covered our half naked bodies tangled together.

I brushed Wayne's soft hair out of his face and ran a finger down his sharp jawline. He slowly breathed in through his nose and sighed.

"Are you watching me sleep now?" Wayne's hoarse morning voice filled my ears. A tired smile spread across his lips and his eyes fluttered open.

"Can you blame me?" I whispered, cupping his face in my hand. "You are so adorable."

Wayne laughed deeply, which turned me on. He pulled me closer to him. I smelled coffee and hints of alcohol on his skin.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, taking in my morning look. I squirmed my lower half.

"Sore. You?"

"You want to feel me? Alright."

I giggled and slid my hand down to his chest. Wayne rolled onto his back. I kissed his collarbone and rubbed his stomach. He tilted his head back, revealing his neck. I sighed and started to move my leg over his.

My door handle rattled. I looked over my shoulder, luckily it was locked. Several knocks came next.

Wayne and I cursed under our breaths and got up. He ran to my closet and put a hand over his mouth. I stood up and my weak legs buckled. I braced my fall and stumbled to the door. I cracked it open and stuck my head out.

Ruby.

"Hey, Beth," she said, leaning against the jam.

"Hi," I gulped. "What do you want?"

"I texted you a lot, but you didn't answer." Ruby held up her phone. "I needed to know if you wanted to hang out at my place."

"It's a little early, isn't it?"

"It is, like, noon."

"Um," I put a hand on my head, "I kind of have a situation right now. Could I come over later?"

"Okay," Ruby furrowed her brows and studied my appearance.

"I'll see you later." My body was fully supported by the wall.

Ruby nodded skeptically and walked backwards down the hall. I shut and locked the door. I staggered to my bed and flopped on it, groaning on impact.

"Bethany." I opened one of my eyes and Wayne smirked down at me. He had put on his pants, but his chest was bare. "Can you walk straight?"

I forced myself up and laid back on my elbows. "Why do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you," he said, his voice breezy.

"How are you so calm?"

"Because, I was really angry last night and found a way to get it out of my system."

I nodded and smiled up at him. Wayne sat down and kissed my forehead. We stared into each other's eyes. They were soft and caring. He tilted his head to the side. Wayne looked so perfect. I lowered my head.

"I don't want to keep you here," I murmured. "I feel bad keeping you for half of your birthday."

"It was worth it," he said, standing. Wayne rounded the bed and pulled my weak legs to the end of the mattress. "I like being here."

"But, I didn't even get you a present."

"Your legs are the best birthday present I have ever opened."