THIRTY-ONE

[them]

31. IRON MAN

NARI'S EYES DARTED FROM JUNGKOOK to the phone. she stared at the bland screen in complete silence. she needed to go back to her apartment. everything from her wallet to her clothes were in there.

nari blinked a few times. she clicked out of the phone app, scrolling to the calendar. she made sure it had been two weeks. nari's nose scrunched up as she counted the days.

"but." she started, "it's been two weeks?"

nari's lips bent downwards. she didn't want to keep freeloading off jungkook. it sent uneasy chills down her back. she hated to bother him. nari glanced at jungkook, her orbs swirled around in her eye sockets.

jungkook's fist raised up into the sky. he jumped up in a light bunny hop as a toothy grin engulfed his face.

jungkook nodded at nari, "you can stay with me until we can get the master keys."

nari tilted her head the slightest bit. her lips puffed out while her eyebrows curled inwards.

"but-"

"nari. both you and i know you don't have anywhere else to stay."

nari sent jungkook a reluctant glance. her eyes darted between jungkook and the two other boys that had joined them for no reason. nari's eyes closed as she thought. her lips parted to speak.

"nari." jungkook nodded at her, "you already stayed with me all this while. it's just a bit longer."

nari bit her lip. her eyes enlarged as she looked upwards. she nodded a bit hesitant to overstay her welcome.

jungkook pulled nari close to him. his arms locked around her midriff. he sent her a sweet smile. his head inclined towards her. jungkook gazed into her eyes.

"i'm really happy you get to stay."

clinched in his arms, nari buried her head with his shoulder. her arms barely reached around his back as she held onto him, standing on the tips of her toes.

"EWWW PDA!" both taehyung and jimin shrieked in a high pitched scream, "I'M GOING BLIND!"

jungkooks eyebrows formed into a thin, flat line. his eyes dulled as both taehyungs and jimin's whines rippled across the silent hallways. jungkook ignored taehyung and jimin.

he continued to embrace nari. his arms remained locked around her. he brushed back her hair with one arm and patted her head, locking onto the smaller girl.

"ignore them."

nari peeked through the corner of her eye, glancing at taehyung and jimin. she giggled at their childish behavior.