EIGHTEEN

[HIM]

18. BAIT

JUNGKOOK'S EYES DIDN'T close for the majority of the night. the warmth of the girl holding onto him for dear life made his heart go crazy. his eyes wouldn't close.

he had tried to get her back to bed, but she wouldn't budge. instead, she would clutch onto the fabric of his shirt even more tightly.

eventually, nari had fallen into a deep slumber resting her head on jungkook's shoulder. by then jungkook was still wide awake with the warmth of nari pressed against him. he couldn't move an inch and he didn't want to wake her up.

once the warm rays of sunlight seeped through his windows, jungkook decided it was time to wake up. he needed to be cautious to avoid waking nari up as he got ready to head out for work. he had no clue how he would have enough energy for the practices today, he hadn't slept a wink.

jungkook got up from the couch, careful not to disturb nari's slumber. he removed her arms from his shirt before he lifted her, laying her down on the couch as if it were a bed. he tiptoed to his room, grabbing a fluffy blanket for her. he draped it over nari as she slept.

jungkook pursed his lips as he remembered what she said. deep inside his mind he had a lingering feeling of doubt. it hadn't been the first time she had asked him to stay with her.

jungkook shook away his thoughts to get his morning ordeals done before heading into work.

he scribbled out a small note for nari with information about food and things she would need to know before heading off to work.

***

jimin's hands ran through his hair while his lips curved into a valiant smirk. he clapped his hands, to usher the group towards him. jungkook didn't arrive yet. it was the perfect time for storytelling.

"story time!" jimin shouted with another clap of his hands.

he pointed at taehyung, asking him to join him on the stage.

"yesterday." he started, staring into each one of the members eyes, "me and taehyung decided to go out to the mall."

taehyung joined in with jimin, adding to his storytelling effect. he paced around the room, throwing his hand around jimin's shoulders.

"and you would not believe what we saw."

the four heads sitting on the floor eagerly awaited for the next part of their story. they held their breaths excited for the next part.

"jungkook and nari all cutesy on a date."

jin started to cough. his hands covered his mouth, subtly glancing towards the door. the group on the floor followed jin's eyes landing on a glaring jungkook.