TWELVE

[her]

12. EMPTY BUS STOPS

THREE YEARS PRIOR

"you're not going to get anywhere with modeling!"

nari ignored her parents' remarks. she grabbed her car keys in a fit of anger. nari ran her hands down her hair as she gathered her belongings, ready to leave.

"nari get back in here this instant!" her mother's voice rose, "you're not going anywhere."

nari glanced back at her mother. her face twitched with rage. she bit her lip, holding back her anger. she didn't need another lecture on respect. her parents always went at her for pursuing modeling.

"i have to go to work."

"what about school." her father shot out.

nari didn't spare him a glance, "i'm skipping today. i have an important photoshoot."

nari grabbed her bag, stuffing her phone and purse inside it. she wanted to leave as soon as possible. she didn't want her parent's to lecture her on how modeling was useless.

"when are you going to understand modeling is useless!"

her father smashed his coffee cup down on the table, banging his fists into the wood. he glared at nari.

"i'm leaving."

nari's voice was monotone as she wore her heels. she grabbed the doorknob, opening the front door.

"you better pick up hyejin from school!" her mother threatened.

nari slammed the door on her mother. if she dared to reply her mother would've found an excuse to give her a lesson on "worthy jobs."

hyejin was the only reason nari still stayed at home. if not for hyejin, nari would've moved out ages ago and either got her own apartment or stayed with minji. she loved her little sister more than anything. she would do anything for her.

nari glanced at her small wristwatch, "unnie i have to go today."

her manager raised a brow, "we're not done with the photoshoots. there's still a couple more shots left."

nari stuffed her belongings in her back. she glanced at the clock. she didn't want to be late to pick up hyejin.

"i can't." nari reasoned with her manager, "i have to pick up my sister from school."

nari's manager shook her head. she crossed her arms while glaring at nari. her manager pointed at the countless other models waiting for their photoshoots.