THIRTY-FIVE

[them]

35. PROMISES

THE SKY HAD FADED INTO A VANTABLACK. dozens of sparkles complimented the waning white moon. nari's head rested on jungkook's shoulder. in the solace, they shared a story of untold words. the gusts blew with a light chill as they sat beside each other staring into the moonlit skies.

they didn't want to leave the warmth of each other while sharing their heartbeat. being together under the night skies alone with nature was all they needed. together, it seemed like they had no worries.

jungkook's eyes crinkled as he glanced at nari. the softest smile washed over his lips.

"do you want to get our groceries paid for?" jungkook chuckled, "the store might close soon."

nari squinted her eyes, "how late is it?"

jungkook shrugged. he pulled out his phone, letting it illuminate the bench as he checked the time.

"it's 11 pm."

nari's eyes widened. her eyes flickered towards the grocery store that illuminated the otherwise pitch black streets.

"it's getting late." nari nodded, "and we really need groceries"

jungkook bobbed his head, "lets get them paid for."

jungkook and nari got up from the bench. they glanced at each other with a light chuckle. jungkook intertwined his hands with nari's as they made their way to the grocery store to pay for their final items.

after they got their groceries bagged, jungkook and nari went back to their apartment complex, sharing small chatter together. they climbed up the stairs to their floor, walking hand in hand to their apartments.

"wait let me get my keys." nari began to rummage through her pockets.

"nari." jungkook raised his eyebrows, "stay with me for today."

nari shook her head. she pressed her lips into a thin line continuing to shuffle through her pockets.

"i swear i had it." nari mumbled.

the corner of jungkook's lips upturned as a smirk washed across his face. he pulled out a familiar key from his pocket. he crouched to nari's height, waving the golden key in front of her eyes.

"JEON JUNGKOOK."

jungkook broke into a wave of laughter, "looks like you're staying with me nari."

nari's cheeks puffed out. her eyebrows creased with a slight eye roll. nari folded her arms.