TWENTY-TWO

[him]

22. PRACTICE

JUNGKOOK AWOKE ON THE COUCH with nari sleeping soundlessly beside him. her head rested on his shoulder the whole night. jungkook batted his eyelids a few times before awakening completely, without the morning grouchiness. he glanced at nari a couple times, having a mental argument whether or not to wake her up.

he gently propped nari's body off himself and got up, leaving her on the couch to rest for just a bit longer. jungkook finished most of his morning routine before deciding to wake her up.

"nari." he whispered into her ear, shaking her gently, "wake up."

nari's eyelids fluttered as jungkook shook her more. she yawned, shuffling on the couch. nari jostled awake in a flash.

"get ready." jungkook pat her head, "i'm taking you to practice with me."

nari rustled towards the bathroom, knowing very well jungkook was joking. she finished up everything she need to do before meeting jungkook in the kitchen.

"we're having cereal again aren't we." she rolled her eyes, "remind me to get some groceries."

jungkook shook his head, "jin hyung will bring more the next time he comes."

nari playfully slapped jungkook's back as she glared at him.

"don't always freeload on him." she sassed, "you need to buy your own groceries sometime."

jungkook scrunched up his nose, sighing.

"can you get the cereal." he pointed towards the pantry, "i'll get the milk."

jungkook opened the refrigerator, grabbing the carton of milk while nari looked for the cereal. nari found a strikingly bright box of cereal and raised it in the air with a giggle. she slammed it down on the table as jungkook set the milk down.

"out of all the cereal inside the pantry." jungkook stared at the red box with a parrot embellishing the design.

nari bobbed her head, interrupting jungkook, "yes, i picked fruit loops."

jungkook ruffled her combed hair with a smile.

"how are you so cute?"

"jungkook," nari whined, patting her hair down, "i just combed it."

she ran her hand down her straight her, trying to pat down the knots jungkook had caused.

"hurry up and eat." jungkook flashed her a slight bunny grin, "i'm taking you with me today."