FIFTY-THREE

[them] 

53. STILL WITH YOU 

LISTEN TO STILL WITH YOU WHILE READING

NARI MADE HER WAY TOWARDS HER CAR IN THE POURING RAIN. she ran underneath the pellets of water crashing at her clothes, running into her car. the night sky had begun to replace the hours of daylight. nari put on her seatbelt, staring into the abyss of emptiness in front of her. a drive to set her mind straight was all she needed. she had been running from one end to the other the last few weeks. it was to the point where nari didn't know what she was doing anymore.

nari was lost in the maze of her heart.

more weeks had passed since the last time she saw jungkook. her life was moving on but nari couldn't move on from jungkook.

nari placed her hand onto her black leather steering wheel. she didn't have a place in mind as she drove. she wanted to go anywhere, somewhere she could escape the endless maze in her heart. somewhere, she could flee the hell she lived in. nari needed to clear her mind. she needed to breath. nari was stuck in the past that she missed.

nari kept her gaze on the road, amidst the crying clouds. she stared at the barren streets clouded with ash gray. soft droplets of water splashed against her windshield as she drove further into the fog. a calm serenity, despite the chaos in her brain.

nari held her shaky breath. since the last time she saw jungkook. she couldn't get him out of her mind. she couldn't forget the moments she spent together. she couldn't forget the memories they shared or those days they lived together.

she would do anything to turn back time.

nari whisked away the growing tears, keeping her focus on the road. the barren rode. the barren feeling inside her heart.

the way nari felt without jungkook.

her hand floated towards the radio in the car. her fingers grasped the small knob, rotating it to play the next song.

***

jungkook lifted his headphones, placing it over his ears. his eyes darted towards the name of the radio station. maybe if he was lucky, she would be listening to him. jungkook bit his tongue before a gust of air flooded his lungs. his fingers clasped over the handle of the radio mic, the blue one - her favorite color.

"jungkook." the director flashed him a thumbs up, "you're ready to go."

a soft jazz melody drifted through the air. it was a mix of jazzy music that gave the 90's feel. jungkook's song. the song he had been working on for months had finally been completed and today he would sing it live for the first time.

***

nari let out the smallest gasp as the beautiful melody floated into her car. it was a melody she could recognize. a melody from her past. a melody of the times she lived life to the fullest.