FIVE

[him]

5. PILLOW FIGHT

JUNGKOOK STARED at the girl on the floor. she was out cold. his eyes darted back and forth. he'd never been in a situation like this before. he had no clue what to do.

"think jungkook." he mumbled, "think."

jungkook needed to be somewhere. he was going to be late.

jungkook crouched down beside nari. he stared at her for a couple of seconds.

he lifted the tiny girl in his arms. he carried her bridal style. she was light. nari weighed almost nothing to him.

jungkook fumbled with the keys as he took it out of his pocket. he twisted it inside the keyhole, opening his door. he forgot to lock his door, preoccupied with the girl in his arms. 

nari's eyes had slowly opened. she was in someone's arms. it felt oddly comforting to her. she squinted her eyes and observed the man's features. nari glanced at his chocolate orbs. she knew him.

she pointed a wavering finger to him, "you're... you're jungkook."

jungkook chuckled, "the one and only."

he gently set her down on his couch, cleaning up some of the mess around her. the setup of jungkook's apartment was more or less the same as nari's, except that the majority of things were still in boxes.

jungkook pressed the back of his palm on nari's forehead. a gush of heat flew through his hand.

"you're burning up, nari."

"i know."

"and you still thought it would be funny to go out for a walk." jungkook rolled his eyes.

nari pouted. she glanced towards the floor, biting her lip while looking straight into jungkook's eyes. she squinted, scratching her neck.

she looked everywhere except for jungkook, "maybe i was going to the convenience store to get medicine."

jungkook glared at nari, "without a wallet and a phone."

nari checked her pockets, she dug her hands into the fabric of her sweatpants. the only thing she had brought was her keys. 

"shit." she muttered, knowing her lie had been found out.

jungkook narrowed his eyes at her. he ran his fingers over his lip, thinking about remedies to help her feel better. 

"i'll make you some of jin hyung's worldwide famous soup."

nari's brows raised as her head cocked slightly to the side, "you can cook?"