FORTY-NINE

[him]

49. BROKEN PROMISES

JUNGKOOK SIMPLY WATCHED as the distance between him and nari disappeared as time passed. he didn't let his smile fade away until her shadow had gone from his sight. his heart cracked again. he couldn't return to his old self without nari. nothing was the same without her. he wasn't himself.

jungkook continued to stare into space, lost in his spiraling thoughts.

after more time passed jungkook was sucked back into the harsh reality he lived in. jungkook pulled his apartment key from his pocket. he stared at the gold key for a moment before he stuck it into the keyhole, opening the door with a light push.

the aroma of paper awakened him as he stepped inside the unused apartment. jungkook had not been to the apartment in a long time. it seemed surreal being back in the place he called home.

but, it didn't feel like a home without nari. there was nothing he looked forward to in the apartment.

the emptiness floated around. there was no warmth inside the pitch black apartment. jungkook couldn't help but frown again. he began to wander through the apartment, seeing what was left behind.

there was nothing special. almost everything his eyes fell upon was exactly like before. he sighed. jungkook set his big black backpack down onto the dining table.

a few minutes after jungkook had began to unpack the various things he brought from the dorms, the doorbell rang. its ringing echoed through the quiet empty apartment, giving the hollow home a bit of life.

"taehyung." jungkook mumbled.

jungkook walked towards the door, whisking away the bangs in front of his eyes. he didn't need to open the door to know who it was. two seconds after the doorbell rang. harsh slamming floated into the air.

the door should have broken with the brute force of the knocks.

jungkook opened the door to be met with a familiar redhead.

"jungkookie." taehyung grinned, "i'm here."

jungkook rolled his eyes. despite having called taehyung. his stomach swirled. taehyung wasn't predictable by no means. taehyung could disappear for five minutes and be back with plane tickets to france.

"let me guess." jungkook drawled, "you brought jimin."

taehyung's grin widened. he flashed a thumbs up. there was no party without the whole group.

jimin's head peeked out the door, "the more the merrier, am i right?"

jungkook sighed heavily, making sure to express his distaste to the chaotic duo. the second he saw jimin, jungkook realized he would get nothing done today. knowing the pair for 10 years, he would probably have to do more work once they leave. jimin and taehyung were not the ones to help around. they'd do anything but that.